Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Touring North of the US Border in 2017

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 05:56 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Problem is, eh, I have been packin since my Uncle Sam decided to let me see the world dressed in green, eh. 46 years later still carrying. Just hate to leave it at home, eh. Plus I'm afraid I'll start talking funny.....

Old 12-24-2016, 07:50 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Why is it that if the dollar equals seventy cents Canadian, the two items I buy daily, beer and gas cost twice as much in Canadia?
I've traveled in Canada four or five times, seems like a liter of gas cost as much as gallon here.
I prefer Colorado, Utah, Oregon, etc. and the Smoky mountains here in for touring, plus it's all 2nd. amendment friendly.

Last edited by jamesroadking; 12-24-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:30 AM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,084 Likes on 8,913 Posts

Originally Posted by ISP-FLHTK
Problem is, eh, I have been packin since my Uncle Sam decided to let me see the world dressed in green, eh. 46 years later still carrying. Just hate to leave it at home, eh. Plus I'm afraid I'll start talking funny.....
I'm sorry....eh

Old 12-24-2016, 11:39 AM
Ranfrol
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamick
Thanks for the reminder, just ordered my free passes from the Parks Canada website:

http://www.commandesparcs-parksorder...et/en/parksb2c

Thanks for the link we are heading North next summer.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:45 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesroadking
Why is it that if the dollar equals seventy cents Canadian, the two items I buy daily, beer and gas cost twice as much in Canadia?
I've traveled in Canada four or five times, seems like a liter of gas cost as much as gallon here.
I prefer Colorado, Utah, Oregon, etc. and the Smoky mountains here in for touring, plus it's all 2nd. amendment friendly.
I spend several nights every month in various parts of Canada. It's quite an investment to go out and have a couple of drinks.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:56 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,512 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky2
I am seriously considering running across Canada to Newfoundland and coming back via Sturgis.
I was going to return to St Anthony and St John's in 2018. I might have to rethink the trip to take advantage of the free parks. I'll research this. Thanks for the heads up. We did the U.S. Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming parks this summer.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:41 PM
leon anthony
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I think he said that the Canadian dollar was 70 cents U S

Old 12-24-2016, 07:06 PM
HDriderDave1
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

if you are in the US, go to a bank and get Canadian money. The exchange rate is much better than a rate on the road....but I must confess. I didn't care because I had a great time.....I loved traveling in Canada

Old 12-24-2016, 07:18 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 20,084 Likes on 8,913 Posts

Originally Posted by HDriderDave1
if you are in the US, go to a bank and get Canadian money. The exchange rate is much better than a rate on the road....but I must confess. I didn't care because I had a great time.....I loved traveling in Canada
Yup .... always Banks. Never Resturants or hotels to exchange for cash. Some won't even give an exchange rate.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:36 AM
TN Houndog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

My buds and I went to New Brunswick. Nova Scotia and Newfoundland 3 years ago. We ate some superior sea food, saw some awfully pretty country and had a ball! At that time our dollar was really close in value to the Canadian dollar so we just used the US dollar everywhere. We only had one hotel that didn't want us to use US money so we just went somewhere else. The people were extremely friendly and helpful. If there was any down side to our trip it was EVERYTHING costs about double what it does in the states! Since our dollar is up versus the Canadian dollar this year we will probably do it again this year.

Quick Reply: Touring North of the US Border in 2017