Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Tail of the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:24 PM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mo cajun
I think Moon Shiner run is hands down better the the tail and the Shyway is also nice run
Moonshiner 28 is a great ride . I've got friends who
seem to want to ride the Dragon every time they ride .
I personally just don't care for it . The Skyway is a lot
less crowded . I also think the Dragon is a ride every
rider should do at least once .

Old 02-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Star Commtrey
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

The Dragon is a bucket list deal. It is the one ride I want to take in my life. Now as far as what we do after the 11 miles, ehhh, thats when we will ride to see what we see. But it has been my experience that the best trips are the ones in which you get lost and just go. Thats the Idea. Go without a plan. But yall have been helpful in what to look for. I will be doing the skyway, but wouldnt mind the GA run either. Might do that on the way home as I am taking two days to get home so I can get some more rides in.

The following 2 users liked this post by Star Commtrey:
TexasHarley (02-17-2017), toppy (03-07-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:44 AM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,022 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by Star Commtrey
The Dragon is a bucket list deal. It is the one ride I want to take in my life. Now as far as what we do after the 11 miles, ehhh, thats when we will ride to see what we see. But it has been my experience that the best trips are the ones in which you get lost and just go. Thats the Idea. Go without a plan. But yall have been helpful in what to look for. I will be doing the skyway, but wouldnt mind the GA run either. Might do that on the way home as I am taking two days to get home so I can get some more rides in.
Try Blairsville--Copperhead lodge in GA----nice rides in the area[gauntlet] and nice people

Have fun----seriously watch out for aholes on Dragon--Ive done it about 15 times and see them everytime

Old 02-15-2017, 11:52 AM
Star Commtrey
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker NH
Try Blairsville--Copperhead lodge in GA----nice rides in the area[gauntlet] and nice people

Have fun----seriously watch out for aholes on Dragon--Ive done it about 15 times and see them everytime
Yeah, Ive seen the videos of what I call idiots passing people on it on youtube......But once I cross it off, If my wife enjoys it enough, I will be returning every year....

Old 02-15-2017, 12:31 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,615 Likes on 5,177 Posts

Every time we buy a new ride the following May we ride to Deals Gap. No real reason other than it is a great ride and we still can

Old 02-15-2017, 08:42 PM
leadman
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

As someone who lives around 2 hours from all these rides
I can tell you that just about any direction you ride in the
area will put you in some nice riding . PM me if I can be
of any help .

Old 02-16-2017, 06:02 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,615 Likes on 5,177 Posts

Note the time of day you ride it and get a picture or two. Fun to look back at them over the years same, us different bikes same road. Lot of memories and plenty more to make.
Enjoy your trip.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:14 AM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

We will be there for a week at the end of June....Looking forward to it.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:33 PM
JayLo
Cruiser

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Enjoy it while your there. Like many have said.....yes, its a challenging road but just be careful and ride on. Ive done it once a couple years ago and checked it off my list. I bought a shirt to say i did it!! Would i do it again? Maybe..maybe not. Time will tell!!
All roads are great in that area.

Have fun and Ride Safe

Old 02-23-2017, 06:46 PM
SkydiverRick
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like all of the roads up there. My favorite is Little River Road. Buy a map from AmericaRides Maps. They have all of the best roads highlighted. Well worth the money.

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon