Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Nashville to Cleveland

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 09:34 AM
brandonwbeck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nashville to Cleveland

My wife has a business trip the end of March in Cleveland. I am thinking of riding up to Cleveland and taking a few days of wind therapy.

any suggestions or things to look for on the trip up and back?

Old 02-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Frank the Real Biker
Road Master
Received 781 Likes on 302 Posts

I live near Kansas City and ride to Ashtabula OH every summer. Ashtabula is east of Cleveland a short distance. Can't say much about the route south of Columbus, but I'm somewhat familiar with the area north of there. First...avoid the interstate...and don't go through Columbus. Nice city and all, but the traffic on the slab is pretty heavy. I take GON2L (Good Old Numbered 2 Lane) almost exclusively. West of Columbus I hop on the highways and go north through Delaware, Mt. Vernon, Loudenville, and Wooster. (I tried to post a link to a Google Map of the roads I take, but it doesn't like it for some reason. ) Good roads and decent scenery. Once you get close to Cleveland you're on your own, though.

Last edited by Frank the Real Biker; 02-27-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:30 AM
ohioflhs
Road Warrior

Received 231 Likes on 161 Posts

Plenty to do here but I would caution you that we frequently get snow here in March and April.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:00 PM
brandonwbeck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ohioflhs
Plenty to do here but I would caution you that we frequently get snow here in March and April.
It is not uncommon to see snow here in March. I will make the final decision that week as to whether I Drive or Ride.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:11 PM
LDB187
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

I went up there from Clarksville a couple yrs ago and the roads are pretty rough. Just be on the extra look out for pot holes and cracks.

The following users liked this post:
brandonwbeck (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 06:10 PM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

If you are traveling thru Delaware, OH you'll be close to Waldo, OH, home of G&R Tavern and their famous bologna sandwich. It's worth the side-trip. Try the pie, too.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:35 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,489 Likes on 1,602 Posts

I'd suggest taking 4 wheels as opposed to your bike at that time of the year as the weather can vary sharply especially as you get closer to Lake Erie.

A detour to Waldo and the G&R Tavern would be a good break.
I've been there several times.

Another restaurant that you may want to try is the Thurman Café which is in Columbus and is a lot closer to your direct route to Cleveland.

https://thethurmancafe.com/

If you do decide to take your bike, prepare for bad weather and hope for great weather!

Old 02-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Lotaluck
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Chances are you will be fine. Hate to think of what I would have missed if I would of stayed in because of possible weather conditions. Sure the roads will be bad from pot holes and loose gravel, you may hit some snow, probably a little rain also. Just be prepared and expect the unexpected and be sure to post up some pictures. It's a little out of the way but if you can, try to make it to Bears Vintage in Ravenna, Ohio, possibly a good day trip while in Cleveland.

Last edited by Lotaluck; 02-27-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:23 PM
micalaut
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

I live in Northeast Ohio and I won't even be taking the cover off my bike until April, although we have had some warm weather this winter most roads still have gravel and salt residue until the rain washes it off. Heading to Cleveland means a very big metro area, I can't think of much riding in Cleveland proper that would be very interesting but a lot of good riding between Columbus and Akron area on your way to Cleveland , east of I-71 there are some great riding roads.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:56 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

G&R bologna is great, so are the home made pies, Possibly Cuyahoga falls, Frank above posted some great riding area's Mt vernon ect, Cleveland has the Rock and Roll hall of fame, depends what ur into

Quick Reply: Nashville to Cleveland