Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

AMSOIL the Official Oil of Both the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally & Daytona Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Patrick
Internet Brands
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default AMSOIL the Official Oil of Both the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally & Daytona Bike Week

AMSOIL the Official Oil of Both the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally &amp\\; Daytona Bike Week

AMSOIL INC. of Superior, Wis. has signed agreements to be the Official Oil of both the 2008 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and 2009 Bike Week in Daytona Beach. AMSOIL has been a leader in synthetic lubrication since 1972 with motorcycle oils and premium filter products that are distinguished by their excellence.

AMSOIL synthetic motorcycle oils are the world’s most advanced oils for Harley and V-Twin engines as well as the whole range of metric bikes on the market.&nbsp\\; The state-of-the-art oil, formulated with high performance additive technology, provides exceptional multi-functional benefits for the special requirements of motorcycle applications including unsurpassed protection, improved mileage and reduced operating temperature. AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle Oil helps bikes achieve optimal performance for hot-running engines, transmissions and primary chaincases.

The two events attract more than a million bikers, bike builders and vendors from around the globe to their respective vicinities, the Black Hills of South Dakota and Daytona Beach, Florida.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:24 PM
boat trash
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iam running Amsoil oil in both of my harleys and cant say enought about how good this oil is. I run it in my engine ,tranny and primary , the motor runs cooler and the tranny shifts smoother and the oil pressure does not drop low like the screaming eagle oil did .

Old 11-14-2008, 12:23 PM
FX4 Level II
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think it's worth it to switch now with 15,000 on my Electra Glide with the 103" stroker motor? I always heard to stick with one oil throughout the life of the motor? I run SE synthetic now.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:11 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

you should be fine. it is good stuff.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Roadkingfatboy
Cruiser

Does the local H-D store carry AMS? If not where to get it

Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts
Thumbs up Get the list

Originally Posted by Roadkingfatboy
Does the local H-D store carry AMS? If not where to get it

Can get the List of the closest Distributor to you from Amsoil Direct.. I can get it Locally where I live but have the list of the 2 closest Distributors just in case..

Old 01-29-2009, 01:48 PM
I8AGSXR
Tourer

Is there a specific type of AMSOIL I should be sure to use in my 03' softail?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

When I pull into Sturgis this summer will Amsoil have a booth or garage set up so that I can change my oil ?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:09 AM
laser204
6th Gear
Default look into this fo rthe amsoil

ok i know this will kill some of you harley ridders out there,but for you guys using amsoil or the guys that are looking to switch,check your local honda dealer.i have a friend that puts the amsoil in his harley and he said its cheaper at the honda dealer then the harley dealer.sorry i am not sure on the prices.now i have a honda my self and if i recall a gallon is around 21.00

Old 05-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Heath
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pretty much hit and miss who carrys it and who doesn't as far as dealerships. If you find one that does, then you're luckier than most. I'd venture to say that price is a little low. Most retails sites are selling for around $40/gallon. MSRP is 42.15 right now.
Buying direct is usually the cheapest way to go even with shipping, if you have a few days to wait for it. Ask if you'd like to know how.

Quick Reply: AMSOIL the Official Oil of Both the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally & Daytona Bike Week