Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Waterproof stuff sack

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 10:11 AM
whitrt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waterproof stuff sack

I just bought one of those metal quick detach luggage/cooler racks that connect off the rear fender area of the EG. I have become diabetict Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-formatther; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> over the past couple of years, so I need to carry a larger cooler with me. Not going to let this stop me from ridding. My question is, I would like to also pack a few more comfort items back on this rack that I need to keep dry. Does anyone know of some really good waterproof stuff sacks that would hold up back by the rear wheel?

Old 06-09-2009, 10:13 AM
whitrt
Advanced

Wow, don't know what happen to that post. Here it is again.

I just bought one of those metal quick detach luggage/cooler racks that connect off the rear fender area of the EG. I have become diabetict over the past couple of years, so I need to carry a larger cooler with me. Not going to let this stop me from ridding. My question is, I would like to also pack a few more comfort items back on this rack that I need to keep dry. Does anyone know of some really good waterproof stuff sacks that would hold up back by the rear wheel?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be able to find a few good options at an outdoor recreation store like REI, Dicks, Gander Mtn... It all depends on what you need the bag to do. The plain roll top dry bags used for canyoneering or kayaking are relatively cheap, simple, effective and come in many sizes.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:10 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a dry bag like this:

It is pretty thick and seems to hold up well. It is made by Sealine and sold in many different sizes. Mine is 55 liters (HUGE) and I strap it to my sissy bar. You will probably not want one that big. I picked mine up at the local Bass Pro Shop, they are also sold at REI online.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

I have a couple of these OR dry sacks for packing my gear into, but the Sea Line bags above are likely more durable if you're going to be strapping them to the bike.