Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Mexico ride?

Old 01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have lived in San Diego my whole life. I have been to mexico hundreds of times. Would I go there now? NO WAY IN HELL! I personally know a family that lost someone down there. And a buddy of mines girl friend was kidnapped down there and got away. It is no joke how bad it is right now. They behead children right along with the adults. Shootings down there have become an everyday thing. If the OP think the above posts were jokes you had better think again.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't even think about it. The drug lords have it all sewed up aroung the border and most of the cops and federales are in on it. It is a no sh*t war zone, and they don't care who they kill. This is not a joke.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:13 PM
SA315B
Road Captain

Originally Posted by munch34m
I ask for some simple information, and I get moronic statements from people that have never left the county. If you have no informationthen run along and play. Don't post your drivel. Supprised you didn't tell me to buy a manual......sheeesh, children today
You’re right, Mexico is a wonderful place and you will have a great time. You would especially enjoy the Coast area in Northern Mexico along the east side of the Sea of Cortez.

PM me before you leave because I would like to take out some life insurance on you.

Last edited by SA315B; 01-09-2010 at 03:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cabojunkie (10-31-2016)
Old 01-09-2010, 03:21 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I ask for some simple information, and I get moronic statements from people that have never left the county. If you have no informationthen run along and play. Don't post your drivel. Supprised you didn't tell me to buy a manual......sheeesh, children today
munch34m, I have left the country many times, as have most people that have posted. I live about 150 miles from Mexico right now, and that is about as close as I want to be. You did ask for simple information and you got some serious and simple answers. If you don't chose to take the advice, the Good Luck dude.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Sketz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You asked for "simple information" and you got it. What the replys are saying is basically true, if you choose to ignore it -- have fun!!
PS. In Mexico you are "guilty until proven innocent" - that should tell you something!!

Old 01-09-2010, 03:27 PM
michael427
Tourer

It's not a very good idea at all.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

Drug lords are going to homes of Mexican soldiers and killing their families. Just the place I would want to go in a tank, much less a bike. If you think everyone is giving you a smart@ss answer, then by all means go spend the summer in Mexico. Good luck.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:31 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wife and I have been there 8 times in the past 9 years. Puerto Vallarta, Cancun, the usual tourist areas. Never had a problem, people were very nice, food and water was safe, didn't see/hear of any crime. Of course, it's gotten worse, and it's all about using common sense most of the time.

I would NOT take a motorcyle down there, or anything you do not want to lose...just in case.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, these people are NOT kidding. I spent a year working at Fort Bliss in El Paso. This is just across the border from Juarez Mexico and on the weekends the hotels would fill up with Mexican citizens just trying to escape the violence. As already stated northern Mexico is a war zone. Between drug czars, corrupt police and government officials it is a mad house. While I was there a story came over the news that a non corrupt police officer and his entire family, down to a 2 month old baby were all shot to death. Do yourself a favor and rethink your trip. There is so much beautiful country in the southwest and God did some of his best work there. But if you have a death wish by all means go for it. If you PM me I will give you my contact information with the hopes that before you go you include me in your will.....

Like mastery stated, the resort areas are reasonably safe but you either have to fly or take a boat if you ever want to get out alive.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:43 PM
deanp1964
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Hey, these people are NOT kidding. I spent a year working at Fort Bliss in El Paso. This is just across the border from Juarez Mexico and on the weekends the hotels would fill up with Mexican citizens just trying to escape the violence. As already stated northern Mexico is a war zone. Between drug czars, corrupt police and government officials it is a mad house. While I was there a story came over the news that a non corrupt police officer and his entire family, down to a 2 month old baby were all shot to death. Do yourself a favor and rethink your trip. There is so much beautiful country in the southwest and God did some of his best work there. But if you have a death wish by all means go for it. If you PM me I will give you my contact information with the hopes that before you go you include me in your will.....

Like mastery stated, the resort areas are reasonably safe but you either have to fly or take a boat if you ever want to get out alive.
-----------
been in el paso now for 10 years. Used to cross the border from time to time for recreation and whatnot. NOT ANY MORE. NO WAY, NO HOW.

The murder rate in Juarez in particular is HIGHER than the death rate in Iraq. 2009 = 2600-plus killings alone, including women, children and babies.

Its brutal. The people of Mexico are good, decent folks. The government is at best scared as hell - but mostly corrupt.

You will have no rights in Mexico. This is true.

The risk/reward factor - especially with your bike - is just not worth it from my point of view.

I keep my riding to the SW U.S. this time of year. You're welcome to join us!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mexico ride?