Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Hog Heaven Campground in Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 PM
ballbreaker69
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hog Heaven Campground in Sturgis

Planning on going to Sturgis this year. Have narrowed it down to a couple. Has anyone stayed at Hog Heaven last year at Sturgis and what was there experience. I am looking for good food, shady tent camping and good entertainment would not hurt either. Any one have any pros or cons or any other suggestions. Thanks

Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM
H2OFOOTER
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We really like the camp ground, food is good for Sturgis, showers always have hot water and are clean, plenty of shade and not to noisy at night so you can sleep. best of all Da'bus will pick you up at camp and bring you back safely with out any problem with the law! You won't be disapointed.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've stayed at Glencoe and found it to have great people, good food, good bands (in the bar not the concerts) hot showers parties if you want them and quite areas if you like. I am curious, where is Hog Heaven in relation to Glencoe?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:48 PM
SoCalRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like Lamphere Campground. You aren't required to pay for the entire 11 days, they only have a 3 day minimum @ $18/night. If you're staying less than 3 nights, it's $25/night. Good general store, grill, shower house, and lots of shade. Da Bus stops there also, and it's right across the street from Full Throttle, just a few miles outside of town. I'll be staying there for the 3rd time this year.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 PM
ballbreaker69
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hog Heaven is on the opposite end of sturgis just off exit 30 on the way to deadwood. About 1 mile from sturgis off Short Track Road. I am looking at staying there this year instead of fighting main street traffic to get back to Glencoe. I have not been back to Glencoe in two years since it has changed ownership. On my last time there I found that the food was good but the camping had gone down quite a bit in my opinion. Lamphere is pretty good from what I have heard. I have friends that have stayed there before.Da Bus makes it good for where ever you want to go without worrrying over beer intake. Reason I asked about Hog Heaven there are nights that you do not want to go into town after a hot day of riding, just want to chill, have a few beers and listen to some bands.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 PM
OmahaRoadKing
Cruiser

Originally Posted by porkchopsd
hot showers parties
Hell yea. Im in on that LOL

Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

yeah, thought someone would catch that, good to know we can count on you for participation ORK, I meant hot showers, parties.....

Agree, it has gone down hill, I remember 03 it was a blast, 07 great, 09 OK but the alley wasn't like it use to be, the other facilities were cool, the pavillion was a great place to hang out, I think I'll scout out new locals this year but give Glencoe another try. I do like the idea of not fighting the downtown traffic, that would be a big plus.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by porkchopsd
I've stayed at Glencoe and found it to have great people, good food, good bands (in the bar not the concerts) hot showers parties if you want them and quite areas if you like. I am curious, where is Hog Heaven in relation to Glencoe?
glencoe is lots of fun

Old 01-13-2011, 02:33 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

kinda off topic, but it looked like the folks camping out in their motorhomes at the Rapid City WalMart were having a good time.
Supplies were close and the price was right ( $0.00)

Mike

Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
kinda off topic, but it looked like the folks camping out in their motorhomes at the Rapid City WalMart were having a good time.
Supplies were close and the price was right ( $0.00)

Mike
It's upscale for sure but I'll pass.

Quick Reply: Hog Heaven Campground in Sturgis