Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Chicago to Sturgis, Sturgis to Seattle Route Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 03:09 PM
DBlass
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Hiway 2 is great through the Washington Cascades but dull as heck east of the Columbia around Wenatchee. I suggest that when you get to Sandpoint ID, wind your way north to State route 20. It hugs the Canadian border and stays up in the trees and hills. Its a fun ride. When you hit US 97, drop south until you come to US 20, then head west.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:10 AM
jennyports
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by absame
Taking the first two weeks in August to Head cross country from NY to Seattle, stopping for the first time at Sturgis for a few days on the way. Plan to make time and stick to the interstate to Chicago to spend some time with family, but then looking for route suggestions from Chicago to Sturgis, and Sturgis to Seattle. Flexible on route except i'd like to make a stop at Glacier National Park. Any ideas would be appreciated: routes, towns to stop in, places to see/stay/eat?
Hi, I’m not quite familiar with routes from Chicago to Sturgis, and Sturgis to Seattle. Google Maps is great, but we can’t rely on it when we’re out of battery or if GPS isn’t working. I think it’s still better to have printable maps as backup when everything electronic isn’t accessible. Here’s a link to a pdf map for printing: http://vectormap.info/product/printa...9-full-vector/ It’s a paid vector map, but editable, so you can add routes you’ve found. They’re also more detailed than free versions from Google. Anyway, how’s the trip you made? Any interesting sites or shops you can recommend? Hope this helps you and take care!

Old 10-17-2016, 12:15 PM
woodman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 363 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by DBlass
Hiway 2 is great through the Washington Cascades but dull as heck east of the Columbia around Wenatchee. I suggest that when you get to Sandpoint ID, wind your way north to State route 20. It hugs the Canadian border and stays up in the trees and hills. Its a fun ride. When you hit US 97, drop south until you come to US 20, then head west.
Totally agree on this!
Heading west definitely want to ride North Cascades Hwy 20.
Cut off Hwy 20 to Hwy 530 at Rockport.
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-004
After crossing over Glacier if you stay in Kalispell avoid the Motel 6 there it's full of meth heads.
If you stay in Sandpoint ,Idaho the K2 Inn is a old but comfortable/clean motel 2 blocks from town. Great manager Sheldon.