Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Road Trip Report NY,NJ,PA and VA

Old 04-16-2012, 08:02 PM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Road Trip Report NY,NJ,PA and VA

Here is my ride report of a three day trip I took with three friends of mine. For two of the guys, it was there first overnight trip on a bike. We wanted to check out the York Factory Tour so the first part of the trip was mostly major highway. Traffic was not bad being that we left on a Wednesday morning at 8:30 a.m. FYI HD Factory tours are only M-F. (On Friday, production stops, but you can still tour the factory.)

We left from Staten Island and headed to Shady Maple Smorgasbord for lunch. Great meal for under $15. After lunch we headed to York for the Factory Tour. We just made it for the last tour that started at 2:00 After the tour we walked around the gift shop and museum. The final leg of the day was to Front Royal Virginia. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Front Royal. I have stayed here before and always had a nice stay. Dinner that night was at Stonewall Jacksons. An average place.

Day 1 8:30 am to 7:00 pm 306 miles

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...ctory-tour.jpg

In the morning we took advantage of the free hot breakfast and headed to the Skyline Drive. This was late March. Temperature was nice and cool and traffic was very light. After Skyline Drive we headed to Michie Tavern in Charlottesville for lunch. Another all you can eat place serving great friend chicken. We didn’t have time to visit the grounds of Thomas Jefferson, as we still had another few hours of riding before we reached Virginia Beach. The nights accommodations were at the Quality Inn.

Day 2 9:00 am to 7:00 pm 328 miles

The free hotel breakfast was not bad. We geared up and headed across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. It was a beautiful day for a ride as we rode up US 13N and US 113N towards the Cape May/Lewis Ferry. We stopped for lunch at The Georgia House Restaurant before boarding the ferry. After the Ferry, we jumped on the Garden State Parkway and rode straight home.

Day 3 8:00 am to 7:30 pm 326 miles

Old 04-17-2012, 09:29 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a great trip

Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Harley Guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good.

Ride on..................