Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

biker friendly hotels/bars around Louisville and Lexington KY

Old 08-05-2013, 01:10 PM
renegadelady
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile biker friendly hotels/bars around Louisville KY

My husband and I are going on a trip to the American Stillhouse in Clermont, KY in October of this year. I would like suggestions for biker friendly hotels and bars and restaurants in the Louisville area.
Thanks,
Peggy

Last edited by renegadelady; 08-05-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: wrong area
Old 08-06-2013, 04:52 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

you need to do the Bourbon Trail if you have time. go to all the distillery's and get your card stamped, they will send you a free t shirt
take a day and a half to do it
The Galt House is a 5 star on the river.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:09 AM
GrayMare
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We are planning to do the Bourbon Trail on Labor Day Weekend with a group of friends and looking for good motel/hotels too. We love the Mom & Pop places that you park at the door. Any suggestions?

Old 08-07-2013, 04:05 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Bardstown would be a good area to stay for the Bourbon Tour. Can't help on a place to stay, just see the Motels as I drive by.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:23 AM
parkashard
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

woodford inn in versailles

Old 08-10-2013, 02:44 PM
djamann
Club Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3 of us are planning a trip along the trail over Labor Day. The Woodford Inn is out for us because 1 bed is not acceptable for 2 of us much less 3. Looks like we'll be in Lexington, Frankfort, and/or Louisville for the nights. If anyone knows of a decent place with 3 separate beds around the trail I'd be interested in hearing

Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 PM
TLWiz
Advanced

There are quite a few hotels here in Lexington, how "decent" $$$ are you looking for? The Bourbon Trail destinations are all west of Lexington except for Town Branch which is in the west end of downtown - so Frankfort would be OK too. Louisville is less fun to ride in...
Finding a place in Bardstown might be the best bet - quite a few options there, less traffic and great location for Bourbon Trailing.

Last edited by TLWiz; 08-14-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:35 AM
GrayMare
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TLWiz
There are quite a few hotels here in Lexington, how "decent" $$$ are you looking for? The Bourbon Trail destinations are all west of Lexington except for Town Branch which is in the west end of downtown - so Frankfort would be OK too. Louisville is less fun to ride in...
Finding a place in Bardstown might be the best bet - quite a few options there, less traffic and great location for Bourbon Trailing.
We like the Mom & Pop "park at your door" places aka cheap & clean! Our group likes to end the day at the motel with a cocktail as we clean bikes in the parking lot (well, the guys clean and the girls talk..). We will spring for chain motel/hotel or B&B if can't find anything close.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:42 AM
TLWiz
Advanced

Originally Posted by GrayMare
We like the Mom & Pop "park at your door" places aka cheap & clean! Our group likes to end the day at the motel with a cocktail as we clean bikes in the parking lot (well, the guys clean and the girls talk..). We will spring for chain motel/hotel or B&B if can't find anything close.
I'd look at this place: BEST WESTERN General Nelson Inn Bardstown, KY

HOG Discount too!

Old 08-15-2013, 06:56 PM
beaner
Tourer

There is hooters like place for food and beer next to the harley shop off of man-of war and a cheap motel around the corner. Stayed there some when doing the bourbon trail. Its not a park at the door though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: biker friendly hotels/bars around Louisville and Lexington KY