Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Favorite Mom & Pop roadside restaurants

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Av8rPaul
Tourer
Received 109 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's a few of my favorites:

The Grid Bar & Grill Kings Beach, CA
Awesome burgers and sandwiches, with a view of Lake Tahoe and a copper top bar.

Happy Burger Diner Mariposa, CA
Super casual fun little joint. Ceiling is covered with record album jackets so you can reminisce about old times. Great breakfasts as well!

Wheel Cafe Chemult, OR
Stopped in here for breakfast after riding from Klamath Falls in heavy fog and temps in the low 40's. Their neon sign in the front window drew me in. It says "THAT GOOD COFFEE" Good food and service too!

White Bear Cafe Tok, Alaska
If you want to "bear down" on a real man's breakfast, this is the place. I grew up in Alaska and this place reminds me of how it was 40 years ago. You will get plenty of calories here to get you down the road!

Old 07-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Jack's Restaurant in Rapid River, MI (Upper Peninsula) on Route 2, has awesome Cinnamon rolls. Fresh out of the oven, at 9am, huge, and only$3.40.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:55 AM
AMathis
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are on 75 in Georgia north of Cordele is Smokie's BBQ it,s in a old country gas station converted to resturant and a mile off the Interstate. .Good bbq and wont get more mom and pop than this place seems like thewhole family works there.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:34 PM
easycruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eats

Two of my favorites:

Best lobster roll I ever had- and I am from New England-(A whole lobster stuffed into a roll) a local advised we go there.
Just a little red shack by the main st. But the line goes down the street so be there early.

Red's Eats
Main St. & Water St., Wiscasset, ME

Great local 50's diner - spotless inside, great food, low prices, and biker friendly:

Zips Diner
Dayville Ct.

Attached Thumbnails Favorite Mom & Pop roadside restaurants-zips.jpg   Favorite Mom & Pop roadside restaurants-reds.jpg   Favorite Mom & Pop roadside restaurants-lobster-roll.jpg  
Old 07-23-2014, 10:55 PM
TXbackroads
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Llano, TX have to go to Cooper's Bar B Q, for the smoked pork chop or beef rib. In Fredricksburg, Tx the Auslander Beirgarten for Schnitzel or Hondo's on Main for a great Burger and then down the road to Luchenbach for Brats and kraut and a cold Shiner.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Steve255
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bump for the summer road trip season, Puyallup WA

Mrs. Turners restaurant 701 E Main Puyallup, WA 98372
Best breakfast around..

Old 06-16-2015, 05:22 PM
WVDevil
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

The Fish House, Key Largo, FL approx mm102

Old 06-17-2015, 09:46 PM
mnbnd
Road Captain
Received 341 Likes on 178 Posts

Awesome, long-standing Cross Village, MI restaurant with an amazing decor, great view and excellent Polish fare (trust me try the Bigos):

Legs Inn, 6425 N Lake Shore Dr, Harbor Springs, MI 49740
(231) 526-2281

Old 06-18-2015, 09:36 AM
drew4jan
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Bisbee Breakfast Club, Bisbee, AZ.

The Steak Out, Sonoita, Az

Old 06-18-2015, 05:07 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Nessyburger -- Northwest of the intersection of CA 76 and I-15 in Fallbrook, CA.
I've had a lot of good burgers in my time, but this is very possibly the best. Simply outstanding. The fries aren't much, and the service seeed almost intentionally rude, but that burger! Did I mention it's a great burger? I will be back.
Oklahoma Joe's -- Kansas City, KS.
This place is ranked on all the top BBQ lists, but I think it still qualifies as a mom and pop joint. It's possibly the best BBQ in a BBQ town. I'm talking about the original location in the gas station on the corner. It's quite simply, unbeatable.
Shooting Star Saloon -- Huntsville, UT
This place is part great experience, part great food, and undeniably a great place to stop as part of a fantastic ride over Monte Cristo.
Red Lodge Pizza Co. -- Red Lodge, MT
It's hard to separate the pizza at this place from the experience of riding the Beartooth Highway. They go hand in hand for me. Great pizza. Pleasant atmosphere, and, let's face it, the euphoria you'll be experiencing on the day you eat there is going to blend together into an unforgettable experience.
Big Dipper Ice Cream -- Missoula, MT
This is another must stop place for me. Last time I was in Missoula it was part of my 48/10 ride. We got to Missoula around 9:00 in the morning. Lucky for me there was somebody there getting ready for an opening later in the day and I was able to get a huckleberry ice cream cone. They have great flavors beyond just the huckleberry, but it's the favorite. Missoula is another great town, and being there usually means I'm at one end of a ride over Highway 12 in Idaho. The Big Dipper is a highlight of a day that is bound to be full of them.
Pete's Fish and Chips -- Mesa, AZ
This isn't really a ride destination, but it's a really enjoyable little mom and pop place that I haven't been to for years. Still, it popped into my head just now so I thought I'd share it.

Quick Reply: Favorite Mom & Pop roadside restaurants