Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Favorite Mom & Pop roadside restaurants

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:42 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverEagle50
Pete's Place in Krebs, Ok. (east side of McAlester) Not necessarily a biker joint, but they are friendly to everyone. Order a main entrée (Ribeye, fried Chicken, Lamb fries, Chicken parmesan, etc. and get all the salad, garlic bread, meatballs, raviolis, spaghetti, and cheese plate you want. A little pricey, but my number 1 place to eat.
Oh hell yeah! Really good italian food, they also brew their own beer there.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:45 PM
woodman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 363 Likes on 361 Posts

Flo's Cafe Grand Coulee ,Washington. A thousand fly's can't be wrong.

Old 02-19-2014, 03:56 PM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Two come to mind: Parks Seafood Daytona Beach Fl as Far East as you can go on LPGA Blvd and look to the left...and Angelo's Steak Pit on the main drag Panama City Beach, Fl.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:06 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

steamboat bill's in lake charles, louisanna.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:14 PM
mtnbkr62
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your ever in Denton, TX try out RG Burgers off i35 Good burgers (Chili Cheese is my favorite) and fries, Onion Rings are outstanding as well.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:08 PM
buttmonkey
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad always said "never care what the place looks like, always stop if the lot is full of construction trucks or motorcycles. Will be good food at a fair price."
That being said-
Bogart's restaurant and tavern- Waynesville, NC
Rocco's pub- Jasper, GA
Fender's Diner- Cornelia, GA
Bigun's Barbeque- Talking Rock, GA
Speckled T's- Slidell, LA
Pine Country Restaurant- Wiliams, AZ

Old 02-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Cjacks
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This post reminds me of one of my favorite riding memories. Back in 81 on a trip to the pacific north west (from Ohio) I was someplace in north central Oregon. I seem to recall between Redman and Mt Hood. I mean I was in the middle of nowhere, I stayed the night before in a run down, ready to fall down, 3 or 4 unit cottage type shack of a hotel. The nite before I didn't have any supper because I was being to picky. I drove by a couple of dumpy looking places thinking I would surely find something that was a little better. Anyway, I left the hotel the next morning and I was starving. I would have eaten the north end of a south bound skunk. I drove several miles and there was nothing, then I drove by a huge house that had 3 or 4 pickups parked in the front yard. I thought I saw a small sign in a window that suggested it was some type of place to eat. I was done taking chances to find someplace better. I turned around and cautiously pulled into the parking area. Up close I finally realized I found some food. I went in and thought holy crap what have I gotten myself into. Old beat up wood tables and chairs and a worn out linoleum floor. This 80 year old great grandma came out to take my order. I ordered the big breakfast for something like $3.50. And because it was so cheap I ordered a couple extra items. Grandma looked at me funny and said extra pancakes it is. While I was waiting she brought out a couple orders for these two huge guys that had already ordered. Watching and listening I figured out I was in a place that catered to all the local lumberjacks. Grandma brought me 3 or 4 plates stacked with food. I mean there were enough pancakes to feed me for a week, one plate was piled high with home fries, enough sausage and eggs for 3 normal people. Grandma just smiled and said let me know if you need more. I have never before or since had so much, that was so good , for so little. When I couldn't eat any more, I had as much or a little more left. I think it was called Helen's place and you guessed it, grandma was Helen. If I took the time to look at a map I might be able to do better on the location, but there wasn't any towns within maybe 20 miles. That's my best ma & pop restaurant experience.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:34 AM
Farmerguy
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the gator and sweet tea at Lightsey's on Route 78 west of Okeechobee FL. It would make a nice ride down from the Daytona area.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:04 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,335 Likes on 3,273 Posts

If you want good catfish and you are on the way to Myrtle Beach SC, Just before you get to Wilmington NC off of I40 Holland Shelter in Burgaw NC...

If you are in the NC Mountains near Deals Gap, Make it down to Lake;s End Cabin Rentals and Grill on Lake Nantahala RT 1310 i think... Between Andrews and Franklin...Wayah rd.In Aquone NC. The road is a doozie also.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,335 Likes on 3,273 Posts

Originally Posted by buttmonkey
My dad always said "never care what the place looks like, always stop if the lot is full of construction trucks or motorcycles. Will be good food at a fair price."
That being said-
Bogart's restaurant and tavern- Waynesville, NC
Rocco's pub- Jasper, GA
Fender's Diner- Cornelia, GA
Bigun's Barbeque- Talking Rock, GA
Speckled T's- Slidell, LA
Pine Country Restaurant- Wiliams, AZ
I can vouch for Bogarts....The trout and the steaks are awesome.

Quick Reply: Favorite Mom & Pop roadside restaurants