Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Sweet deal on a room for Strugis

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 07:49 PM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sweet deal on a room for Strugis

I had a few buddies that wanted to ride to Sturgis this year. I booked 2 rooms at the Hampton Inn in Rapid City way back in August of 2013. Recently, they both had job changes and are unable to attend.

The details of the room.

Hampton Inn, Rapid City

August 2-8
2 queen beds
Hot Breakfast in the morning
microwave and mini fridge
Free Internet
Pool
workout room

Right Off I-90
exit 59

I booked the rooms a year in advance so I got deal. I've already paid a
deposit so this is your chance if your interested to have a nice room at a nice hotel in Rapid City, which isn't far from Sturgis, Rushmore and you know the rest. Good restaurants and Bars and away from the crazy zoo (Sturgis) at night for you to relax and unwind and prepare for the next day.

There are a few rooms left for these dates starting at $349/night plus tax of 10% for a nightly total of $384.90 Check the Hampton Site.

The dates allow you to arrive 2 days before the rally starts on Monday.
You will be there before the 500K other riders arrive and can enjoy the sights and visit main street before anyone else.
The Rally officially runs from the 4-10th

I'd let you have the room for $275 night. You save $110 night which is a sweet deal.

If you're interested, let me know. This is no BS. I'm not a scam guy. I'm going for the 4th time this year with another buddy and we are splitting the other room.
I've done 2 Sturgis trips camping at Days End campground. I'm getting older and sleeping on the ground, with outhouses, pay showers and crappy over priced food no longer appeals to me. I actually want to sleep and not hear bikes revving all night and people screaming and hollering until 4 am.
The threat of high winds, rain and hail storms aren't as thrilling to me as they used to be.

Reply or pm me and we will work out the details.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:33 AM
Dan h
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like going to sturgis because everything is so damn overpriced. Normally those rooms would cost only about 80 bucks, it's a ripoff that we can't do anything about.other than not going. I've been going since '97 and am about done.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stayed in Belle Fourche last year. Rented a 5th wheel with full hookups in a residents back yard. Nice and quiet and it was only $125 a night Only way to go IMO.

Shouldn't have any trouble unloading that room though plenty of ppl like to stay in that area and that's not bad. I know they get 350-400 a night in a lot of those outfits. Ridiculous! I like the 30 mile ride to unwind at the end of the day and of course the extra 275 a night in my pocket

Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Thumbs up

I hope someone can get 2 or 3 other people together to split this room for the rally. Yes, it's pricey, but this isn't a flea bag hotel where you will take home a few bed bugs as a parting gift.

It's early and as the rally gets closer vacant, over-priced rooms will disappear, regardless of price.

At this time I've only made it known on HD Forums that this room is available.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser

Hampton has rooms available for $349 + Tax = $384 a night

I'm lowering it to $250 night

2 queen beds, non smoking, fridge in the room, breakfast in the morning
near restaurants and local bars.

8/2 to 8/8

Old 07-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser

I'm going to need to cancel the room on 7/25

If you are interested, let me know. I'm offering a cheaper alternative to
full price hotel's.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:17 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

That's a great deal for a couple guys who can split the room. Hampton Inns are excellent with a good breakfast included. The West is going nuts this year. Was in Red Lodge, Mont. last night and wanted to book a room in Cody tonight....over $200 at Super 8. Also, Yellowstone and Glacier are booked for the season.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:26 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mtgriz
That's a great deal for a couple guys who can split the room. Hampton Inns are excellent with a good breakfast included. The West is going nuts this year. Was in Red Lodge, Mont. last night and wanted to book a room in Cody tonight....over $200 at Super 8. Also, Yellowstone and Glacier are booked for the season.

got rooms booked in west yellowstone,jackson hole,cody and cooke city for 1st week in aug.....you can get rooms you just have to call back in jan\feb....we took the last 4 rooms at west when we called in jan.....

Old 07-03-2014, 08:42 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Ah...rooms in Sturgis

For the best deal arrive a couple months before or after bike week. I had several different trips there....Best Western....clerk was asleep once, but each time they looked at us a little strangely....you want a room? Here? OK, what would you be willing to pay sorta pricing. You can close your eyes and cross the interstate safely because you can hear a car coming a few miles away

Good luck on the rooms, sounds like deal