Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Gunnison, Co in Sept.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:44 AM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Gunnison, Co in Sept.

Look's like I'll be checking out the Back Roads in Gunnison & Crested Butte area in Sept. Two Little Brother's going hunting (Elk & Mule Deer) and I'm just going to loaf and ride.
Brother has a Cabin in Taylor Park Area, So look out, I'm headed your way.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:04 AM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Blue Mesa reservoir, parts of the Silver thread should be rideable, Black Canyon of the Gunnison near Montrose, all worth riding. Nice starting point for some good riding depending on how the weather holds out! Good luck!

Old 07-13-2014, 11:03 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by glide2meetu
Blue Mesa reservoir, parts of the Silver thread should be rideable, Black Canyon of the Gunnison near Montrose, all worth riding. Nice starting point for some good riding depending on how the weather holds out! Good luck!
Ditto that ^^^ and also suggest heading south through Lake City. You are in the middle of some great rides.
Www.motorcycleroads.com and search CO for some great options.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:41 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

My HOG group is doing a color run Sept. 27 and 28. 1st day from Farmington, NM to Gunnison through Lake City. 2nd day Gunnison back home via Black Canyon Highway 92.

Maybe we'll see you on the road.

Bill

Old 07-14-2014, 06:17 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

Plan on getting to the cabin Friday the 12th

Old 07-15-2014, 01:01 AM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

We should all do a special hand signal so we can recognize each other from this forum. I'll be there in September too.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:49 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hausguy
We should all do a special hand signal so we can recognize each other from this forum. I'll be there in September too.
Wasn't there a decal for the bike / car at some point that was forum-related?

Yeah, I'm going to be there in September (Basalt area for home base) at the end of the month into the beginning of October. Pulling the bike from Houston due to wife's back issues (can't take more than about 5 hours on the bike at a time), but it would be good to put some faces with names from the forum -- or at least some of them.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:49 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hausguy
Wasn't there a decal for the bike / car at some point? Yeah, I'm going to be there in September (Basalt area for home base) at the end of the month into the beginning of October. Pulling the bike from Houston due to wife's back issues (can't take more than about 5 hours on the bike at a time), but it would be good to put some faces with names from the forum -- or at least some of them.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tphillips
Wasn't there a decal for the bike / car at some point? Yeah, I'm going to be there in September (Basalt area for home base) at the end of the month into the beginning of October. Pulling the bike from Houston due to wife's back issues (can't take more than about 5 hours on the bike at a time), but it would be good to put some faces with names from the forum -- or at least some of them.
If you are around on the 27th Lake City, South Fork, Gunnison, or 28th, Crawford, Hotchkiss, Delta, let me know. I'll PM you my cell and maybe we can hook up for a few minutes.

Bill

Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Weather can be tricky late-Sept so be prepared. I will be riding the Lake City - Creede - Gunnison areas around that time with my son. Couple suggestions close to you: 1) 149 to Lake City and Creede over Spring Creek & Slumgullion Passes; 2) Monarch Pass just east of Gunny on 50; 3) Black Canyon of Gunny just east of Montrose on 50 -- especially the Painted Wall. Have fun! I love the fishing up there at Taylor Reservoir and Taylor River. SJ Ron

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gunnison, Co in Sept.