Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Where are the trip reports?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 07:05 PM
brandonwbeck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love to read the trip reports and see the Awesome pictures that come with them. Please post a plenty!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Dirtbagger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonwbeck
I love to read the trip reports and see the Awesome pictures that come with them. Please post a plenty!
Here you go, Brandon, I just posted another few days of our Colorado trip. Lots of pics on this one. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-...-and-back.html

Old 07-25-2014, 04:23 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

I wish I had a trip to post about. True, I did 2 solos down to Arkansas and back. And I might throw a leg over the bike and run out to Sturgis in a bit. But no one wants to see my report unless there's pictures of Cheryl in it anyway. Besides, she's the photographer. I don't think I snapped one pic on the last 2.

Because of our tight schedules this year, our annual trip is delayed until October. This year it's Daytona again, so you guys will have to put up with some repeat scenery. But this time we're looping down to cross Mississippi and Louisiana off our To Do list. We'll do the Natchez Trace and hit N.O.

If anyone has some other highlights to hit, let me know. It will be another long boring ride to Nashville so I'm open to route changes.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:36 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Hell I can't take pictures when riding. And I don't have a passenger or know how to use a go pro. I'm in the middle of Nevada right now. Be someplace in Utah tomorrow. Wyoming the next day. Will cover parts of montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, too

Old 07-27-2014, 04:06 PM
robertwy
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
I wish I had a trip to post about. True, I did 2 solos down to Arkansas and back. And I might throw a leg over the bike and run out to Sturgis in a bit. But no one wants to see my report unless there's pictures of Cheryl in it anyway. Besides, she's the photographer. I don't think I snapped one pic on the last 2.

Because of our tight schedules this year, our annual trip is delayed until October. This year it's Daytona again, so you guys will have to put up with some repeat scenery. But this time we're looping down to cross Mississippi and Louisiana off our To Do list. We'll do the Natchez Trace and hit N.O.

If anyone has some other highlights to hit, let me know. It will be another long boring ride to Nashville so I'm open to route changes.
Damn, Bob. Can't you just make up something and throw in some random pics of Cheryl? (You can include pics of scenery and yourself too, but it's not really necessary. ) I really enjoy your reports. Guess we'll have to wait until October.

We leave for another Colorado ride in a few days (8/7). I'll make a futile attempt at a report, but it won't be near as good as your reports.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:10 PM
robertwy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hog95023
Hell I can't take pictures when riding. And I don't have a passenger or know how to use a go pro. I'm in the middle of Nevada right now. Be someplace in Utah tomorrow. Wyoming the next day. Will cover parts of montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, too
You're gonna have to buy a GoPro and learn how to use it. You're riding through some of the prettiest scenery in the country and we have no pics. What are we going to do with you?

Old 07-27-2014, 07:15 PM
KSRoadKing
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robertwy
It seems like there is a very disproportionate number of posts about "I'm going here, any suggestions?" to "I went here and this is my report along with pics". Why is this?
As soon as I can get my videos put together and uploaded to youtube, I'm hoping to have a good trip report for you. The last 9 days I spent riding Glacier National Park, Beartooth Pass, Chief Joseph Hwy, Iron Mountain Road and Needles Hwy. Will post a report as soon as I have all of this together.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:19 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,960 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by robertwy
It seems like there is a very disproportionate number of posts about "I'm going here, any suggestions?" to "I went here and this is my report along with pics". Why is this?
Going for a trip is a lot more fun and a lot easier than writing up a report.

I have done a few, you can see them at the links below-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-...-and-back.html

Over 1,000 pictures in this one-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/tri-g...er-2013-a.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...pic-heavy.html

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-28-2014, 12:34 PM
bballkking1
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

My report isn't edited or polished yet, but I'll contribute because of the great advice and recommendations I got from you guys..

http://mrbhdtravels.blogspot.com/?m=1

Old 07-28-2014, 01:31 PM
robertwy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bballkking1
My report isn't edited or polished yet, but I'll contribute because of the great advice and recommendations I got from you guys..

http://mrbhdtravels.blogspot.com/?m=1
Excellent report. Glad you had a fun, safe trip.

Quick Reply: Where are the trip reports?