Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Real Time Ride Report of DK Custom Hot Bike Tour

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 09:26 AM
stereoguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
great report wish it was sat not wen I like to ride over to dells and check it out.....are helmets required on the run? or is ill a helmet state?

No helmet law in Illinois. Don't know on Wisconsin, or about the run.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:29 AM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

Great pics thanks for sharing..

I've got to ask as I've been following the Geico Hot Bike postings on facebook. I have NOT seen any of the the so-called Victory bikes in pics rolling down the street. All the pics look staged with clean bikes, like they haven't ridden them on this tour. It looks like they load them up in the vans and carry them to a destination, unload them for pics..?????

Old 08-20-2014, 03:30 PM
madchemist24
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rossn2

I've got to ask as I've been following the Geico Hot Bike postings on facebook. I have NOT seen any of the the so-called Victory bikes in pics rolling down the street. All the pics look staged with clean bikes, like they haven't ridden them on this tour. It looks like they load them up in the vans and carry them to a destination, unload them for pics..?????
I rode with them for two days .. can tell you for certain the bikes ride. They get cleaned up every day on arrival, but they ride.

Even through the rain storm, those custom baggers flew past us.

It was a great time.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Grandslam
Road Master
Received 308 Likes on 197 Posts

Great pics and nice write up. Looks like a fun ride.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:03 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

great report wish it was sat not wen I like to ride over to dells and check it out.....are helmets required on the run? or is ill a helmet state?
Thank you. IL and WI are NOT helmet states, nor does the run have any gear requirements.

Originally Posted by rossn2

Like madchemist said, they're all being ridden. I have a few pics in the last post with some Indians (same parent company-Polaris-as the Victory). I will post up a few with the Victorys running.

Originally Posted by Grandslam
Great pics and nice write up. Looks like a fun ride.
Yes, it's been fun. We have 4-5 more days of pics ...Hot Bike Tour is over, but tomorrow we're headed North a bit, then we're going to take our time on some nice roads as we head home to Mississippi.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 08-21-2014, 12:23 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Wednesday morning about half of us met in the parking lot for a riders meeting before heading out to S&S and then on to Wisconsin Dells.

Some parking lot repair taking place at the same time. Belt needed replacing.

On our way out of Bettendorf, Iowa. The line of bikes were further than we could see in front and behind us.

This is Kain, riding his chopped 1981 Kawasaki 440. It beat him up pretty good, but he's young.

I was pretty excited to do the S&S Facility Tour. Last year the Tour at RC Components Facility was super interesting, and had a very good vibe.

S&S is in the middle of nowhere...a few miles outside of Viola, WI. It was a nice ride there. The S&S tour was less than expected, both the vibe and what they showed and didn't show.

They also did not let us take any pictures. We did get "special permission" to take a couple. Here's one, I will share the others after we get home.

Leaving out of Viola, headed toward Wisconsin Dells, we saw more than a few Amish along some great riding roads.

There are some great roads between Viola and Wisconsin Dells. We were riding the sweepers at a good pace. Mary got a few unique pics...One of these days she'll get a pic of us dragging some hard parts thru a sweeper (she really doesn't like it too much).

Here's a local bike that was at the "rolling rally" in Wisconsin Dells. I really liked the color combo.

Tomorrow morning there is a wrap up Hot Bike meeting for all of us that started in Joplin and ended up here. Then Mary and I head further north, up to Fuel Moto. After that we'll turn South and make our way back to Mississippi.

Lots more pics to come.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:50 AM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great report. Thanks!!

Old 08-21-2014, 07:32 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

great riding from the dells south love that area...thanks again on the report I seen s&s in lacrosse too they must have a warehouse ......hope your heading north to Docs....humid and heat heading your way...enjoy the northwoods its a beautiful place

Old 08-21-2014, 08:14 AM
stereoguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 185 Posts

great riding from the dells south love that area...thanks again on the report I seen s&s in lacrosse too they must have a warehouse ......hope your heading north to Docs....humid and heat heading your way...enjoy the northwoods its a beautiful place
+1, stop and see Doc's

Old 08-21-2014, 07:01 PM
brandonwbeck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome report this far!

Quick Reply: Real Time Ride Report of DK Custom Hot Bike Tour