Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Nashville TN

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 09:46 AM
brandonwbeck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug62
Last year we rode from South Carolina to Maine, great trip. This year we were looking for something different. We have somewhat worn out riding the Blue Ridge Parkway so we thought we would venture a little farther west. I know Nashville is a great town so I figured why not.
If you are looking for roads to ride you may want to look at doing the Trace in Land Between the Lakes. You may look at Natchez trace headed to Mississippi. there are no Comercial vehicles but it is patroled heavily so maintain the speed limit. Hwy 100 is a nice road headed to Lovelace Cafe where Natchez Trace Begins.

If your trip heads back east from Nashville Hwy 70 to Sparta then 111 to Fall Creek Falls is beautiful. from there you can take 30 east to the Mountains. HWY 30 is a beautiful road with a few switchbacks and Twistie sections.

We have a abundance of 2 lane country roads to travel. We have several Amish and Menenite communities near by. there are options for every ones viewing pleaseure.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:56 PM
doug62
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by brandonwbeck
If you are looking for roads to ride you may want to look at doing the Trace in Land Between the Lakes. You may look at Natchez trace headed to Mississippi. there are no Comercial vehicles but it is patroled heavily so maintain the speed limit. Hwy 100 is a nice road headed to Lovelace Cafe where Natchez Trace Begins.

If your trip heads back east from Nashville Hwy 70 to Sparta then 111 to Fall Creek Falls is beautiful. from there you can take 30 east to the Mountains. HWY 30 is a beautiful road with a few switchbacks and Twistie sections.

We have a abundance of 2 lane country roads to travel. We have several Amish and Menenite communities near by. there are options for every ones viewing pleaseure.
Sounds great! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitely take your advice on the scenic routes.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,917 Likes on 2,561 Posts

Downtown is a great time with lots of everything mentioned before and then some. We like to have a couple, so we stay in the Hilton across the park from the Country Music Hall of Fame. Puts you in walking distance to the entire downtown, plus below grade safe parking and they have a great breakfast and a bar. We find it to be a great home base for a long weekend.

For the locals getting involved in this (not looking to hijack) what is the weather like for Christmas? Is this a good destination for the week to hide from the family?

Old 08-21-2014, 06:56 PM
brandonwbeck
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Architect
Downtown is a great time with lots of everything mentioned before and then some. We like to have a couple, so we stay in the Hilton across the park from the Country Music Hall of Fame. Puts you in walking distance to the entire downtown, plus below grade safe parking and they have a great breakfast and a bar. We find it to be a great home base for a long weekend.

For the locals getting involved in this (not looking to hijack) what is the weather like for Christmas? Is this a good destination for the week to hide from the family?
It is hard to predict Nashville Christmas. We rarely have a White Christmas but it is usually cold enough to. Weather . com shows average highs of 50 and lows of 30.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:00 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I also recommend Natchez Trace. I've ridden it several times from Nashville all the way to Natchez and it's a super enjoyable ride.

Even if you don't have time to ride Natchez Trace, check out Loveless Cafe on the northern end of Natchez Trace just south of Nashville. Great place for some good cooking and I love their biscuits.

http://www.lovelesscafe.com/visit/

Old 08-21-2014, 07:40 PM
doug62
Road Captain

Secondly, can you recommend a clean, reasonably priced motel to stay at while in the area? I like the "old school" type places where you can park in front of your room. I like being able to keep an eye out on my bike.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:18 AM
brandonwbeck
Cruiser

Originally Posted by doug62
Secondly, can you recommend a clean, reasonably priced motel to stay at while in the area? I like the "old school" type places where you can park in front of your room. I like being able to keep an eye out on my bike.

Hmm not a lot of the old style Motels left here.

After thinking about it Americas Best Value 622 Rivergate Pkwy, Goodlettsville, TN would probably be the best. I havent stayed there but I have ate at the Hooters next door several times. they have lower level access strait to your bike. they are less than 12 miles to Nashville right off the interstate. Also across the street from Silverados where they have a Bike Night every Wednesday. There is a Boswells Harley dealer 3 miles away and a Cycle Gear less than 2 miles.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:50 PM
doug62
Road Captain

Originally Posted by brandonwbeck
Hmm not a lot of the old style Motels left here.

After thinking about it Americas Best Value 622 Rivergate Pkwy, Goodlettsville, TN would probably be the best. I havent stayed there but I have ate at the Hooters next door several times. they have lower level access strait to your bike. they are less than 12 miles to Nashville right off the interstate. Also across the street from Silverados where they have a Bike Night every Wednesday. There is a Boswells Harley dealer 3 miles away and a Cycle Gear less than 2 miles.
Sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks for the info. If anything else comes to mind please let me know. I do appreciate the help.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:22 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't believe nobody's recommended Pucketts in Liepers Fork