New Rockford Fosgate Forum - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums

Rockford Fosgate Motorcycle Audio for fanatics.

New Rockford Fosgate Forum

P

Old 02-16-2017, 10:13 PM
Gozer the Traveler

Hey guys, I just watched your video for '14+ Streetglide, and I'm even more confused. A.) this wasn't a Streetglide B.) I have HD speaker lids with Boom 1 5x7's installed. C.) I have a Boom 4 channel amp installed
I am replacing that amp, with your tm400x4ad. I am replacing the Boom 6.5 faring speakers with Hertz 6.5's and the saddlebag speakers with Infinty Kappas.
My bike is a '15 SGS and I've ever even seen inside the fairing

I have a few questions:
1.) will the Boom amp wires work with my tm400x4ad?
2.) if there are already speaker wires installed in my saddlebag, running the existing speakers, why would I run new speakers wires?
3.)I've been told, by just about everyone on this forum, that I need the Biketronics line levelers. I bought them, now what? Doesn't this amp defeat the purpose of line levelers? Or, would they make it even better?
4.) what kit do I actually need to install?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Hi Bafflingbs,

I'll try to answer your questions through this forum, but you may want to contact our technical support (1-800-669-9899) for detailed info:

1) NO, the BOOM wiring will not work with the TM400X4ad.

2) Our speaker harness is not designed for saddle bags, they are designed for the Tour-Pak speakers.

3) The Biketronics line levelers are passive level reducers with a passive network that attempts to compensate for the excessive bass boost. In our experience, we would rather turn the BASS down on the radio and use the high level inputs built into the amplifier. Using the Biketronics line levelers is 50% redundant with the TM400X4ad high-level input circuit

4) Rockford Fosgate currently doesn't have a kit for rear saddle bag speakers like you want.

Ideally if you were to install a Rockford Fosgate kit, you would wind up removing all the BOOM! audio related parts.

P