Rockford Fosgate Audio High performance motorcycle audio systems, purpose built for Harley-Davidson.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rockford Fosgate Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 09:13 PM
Bafflingbs
Club Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Hey guys, I just watched your video for '14+ Streetglide, and I'm even more confused. A.) this wasn't a Streetglide B.) I have HD speaker lids with Boom 1 5x7's installed. C.) I have a Boom 4 channel amp installed
I am replacing that amp, with your tm400x4ad. I am replacing the Boom 6.5 faring speakers with Hertz 6.5's and the saddlebag speakers with Infinty Kappas.
My bike is a '15 SGS and I've ever even seen inside the fairing

I have a few questions:
1.) will the Boom amp wires work with my tm400x4ad?
2.) if there are already speaker wires installed in my saddlebag, running the existing speakers, why would I run new speakers wires?
3.)I've been told, by just about everyone on this forum, that I need the Biketronics line levelers. I bought them, now what? Doesn't this amp defeat the purpose of line levelers? Or, would they make it even better?
4.) what kit do I actually need to install?

Old 02-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Rockford Fosgate
Platinum Sponsor
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Hi Bafflingbs,

I'll try to answer your questions through this forum, but you may want to contact our technical support (1-800-669-9899) for detailed info:

1) NO, the BOOM wiring will not work with the TM400X4ad.

2) Our speaker harness is not designed for saddle bags, they are designed for the Tour-Pak speakers.

3) The Biketronics line levelers are passive level reducers with a passive network that attempts to compensate for the excessive bass boost. In our experience, we would rather turn the BASS down on the radio and use the high level inputs built into the amplifier. Using the Biketronics line levelers is 50% redundant with the TM400X4ad high-level input circuit

4) Rockford Fosgate currently doesn't have a kit for rear saddle bag speakers like you want.

Ideally if you were to install a Rockford Fosgate kit, you would wind up removing all the BOOM! audio related parts.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:23 AM
troysterRG
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "yes they will"

i recently (8 months ago) installed the rockford fosgate 6 3/4 speakers in the front fairing of my RG, which in directions or ad,they will not fit,hmmmmm sounds like a challenge, well they will and yes its a tight fit but with some modification of speaker mount rings they will.just have to be patient. and i also installeded the rockford fosgate 6x9 in bag lids. went and sent all my stereo stuff to my guru who tested it all and says for what i have its very adjustable and as he puts very F'in load as F. i do apologize to RF that i did not use their amp, i am usig a soundstream amp,everything is 2ohm and yeah at 100mph you here just fine.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:09 PM
Laybac101
6th Gear
Default 16 sg

I bought the RFKHD kit and need some additional pigtails. Does RF sell them?

Old 04-24-2017, 08:16 PM
NyghtRyder
Stage I

New member here. I bought the RF HD14-TKIT from their site about a week ago. $1,074 after shipping. I have read around this forum that the dealership needed to flash the radio on my 2015 RGS. I had an appointment set up to take it in before installing the kit, but I called RF support to ask which specific flash was needed. They said the dealerships could no longer flash the headunit. Instead I will have to travel over 2 hours away and spend an additional $180 for a car audio place to flash my headunit with specific RF software. I sure hope this is all worth it. Over $1,250 is a bit steep and if Harley ever reflashes my headunit I would need another RF flash.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:41 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default H-D Radio Flash

Originally Posted by NyghtRyder
New member here. I bought the RF HD14-TKIT from their site about a week ago. $1,074 after shipping. I have read around this forum that the dealership needed to flash the radio on my 2015 RGS. I had an appointment set up to take it in before installing the kit, but I called RF support to ask which specific flash was needed. They said the dealerships could no longer flash the headunit. Instead I will have to travel over 2 hours away and spend an additional $180 for a car audio place to flash my headunit with specific RF software. I sure hope this is all worth it. Over $1,250 is a bit steep and if Harley ever reflashes my headunit I would need another RF flash.
Any independent shop with TechnoResearch or Diag4Bike software can also flash your radio. We do it all the time.

You just need to find out from Rockford, what flash your set up needed, and those 2 programs can do it. They should be able to tell you what Harley would flash, based on what all you are running on your bike. (example: 2 speakers front, no rear speakers, amp 1: yes, amp 2: yes [etc...])

Also, if anyone needs any Rockford Fosgate, we have them in stock at great prices. Just give us a call and we can hook you up.

The following users liked this post:
metalb00 (05-05-2018)
Old 04-25-2017, 03:43 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

OH yea. Also, we can flash your radio for $75 (that includes return shipping). Just call us to set it up and let us know what you need it flashed for, and send it in. All we need is the head unit.

The following users liked this post:
JU2012FXDWG (03-10-2019)
Old 08-14-2017, 01:25 PM
TheGENERAL412
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Speakers and Tour-pak question and comment

Originally Posted by Rockford Fosgate
Hi Bafflingbs,

4) Rockford Fosgate currently doesn't have a kit for rear saddle bag speakers like you want.
So, you do have it now with the TMS69BL14 kit right? But the kit of for saddle bag lids that do not have current speakers installed.

So, I also have another question for RF - If I have the HD14-TKIT and also added the TMS65 to the rear tour-pak (Amp, 2 front and 2 tour-pak 6.5" speakers). What needs done special to add the TMS69BL14 saddle bag lid kit speakers?

Description on the RF Site has:
Plug-N-Play Operation not Compatible With Tour-PakŪ Speakers (contact support)

Old 08-19-2017, 11:15 PM
niteghost
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been researching for weeks and I think I've decided to upgrade my '17 HD-SG with the HD14 TKIT and a TMS69BL14. But, I'm still confused about a few things I hope you can help with.

1- The HD Flash, do i need it or not? If not can you confirm the proper amp config. I need with no flash i.e. radio as it comes from the factory, there is some conflicting info in your videos and install advisory? If I do need it can you confirm the proper amp config? Should I use the "Magic Box" with no flash, what amp config with that set up? Just FYI - I have a feeling that my HD dealer wont have a clue about the flash, haven't talked to them about it yet, but if past experience holds true they will be a PIA about it.

2 - If I install the HD14 TKIT first dose it come with the wiring harness for the rear bag speakers that I can preemptively install? I would like to install all the wiring for the front and rear kits together so that I only have to tear the bike down once? This would make the TMS69BL14 install basically mounting the speakers into the bag lids and plugging them in.

Thanks in advance for any clarification you guys can give me.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:13 PM
TheGENERAL412
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Any one know if RF still monitors the threads or their Inbox?

Quick Reply: New Rockford Fosgate Forum