Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

Problems with Big Louie 4" with 2.5" baffles

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm happy to hear the tuning issue appears to be resolved with the smaller baffles and proper map. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Please contact us if you would like to discuss taking care of the baffles and muffler.
-Ryan

Old 05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

I am glad eveything got made right.
I am also happy to see that Rush stands behind their products.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:19 PM
2heritagespringers
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Rush Big Louies, 2.5" baffles with V&H Dresser Duals on my 07 96" Ultra with S&S air filter. I am running a Thundermax Auto Tune and have no decel popping.

Love how my Rush pipes sound.

Just wanted to say they do work with a good setup.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm currently in the process of choosing new mufflers for my 09 Ultra. The 4 inch Rush Big Louies are definitely one of the contenders.

After reading through this whole thread, I can see that Ryan and Rush are providing excellent customer service and that alone might help me make my decison.

So....... Ryan, or anyone else.... I'm currently running stock headers, no-cat, PCV and a Fuel Moto SE-AC.. If I go with the Louie's, should I go with the 2.0 or a 2.25 baffles?

I think I'm reading this thread is indicating that the 2.25's will be OK and a deeper exhaust note than the 2.0's.

BTW.... I bought my PCV from Jamie, so I figure that FM will have a good base map for either of these baffle options.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by Clint55
I'm currently in the process of choosing new mufflers for my 09 Ultra. The 4 inch Rush Big Louies are definitely one of the contenders.

After reading through this whole thread, I can see that Ryan and Rush are providing excellent customer service and that alone might help me make my decison.

So....... Ryan, or anyone else.... I'm currently running stock headers, no-cat, PCV and a Fuel Moto SE-AC.. If I go with the Louie's, should I go with the 2.0 or a 2.25 baffles?

I think I'm reading this thread is indicating that the 2.25's will be OK and a deeper exhaust note than the 2.0's.

BTW.... I bought my PCV from Jamie, so I figure that FM will have a good base map for either of these baffle options.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
The 2.00" and 2.25" baffles will both work great with your setup. The 2.25" will be a bit deeper and louder than the 2.00". FM should have a good base map for both baffle sizes. If not, please contact us and we can get a base map directly from Dynojet. Please let me know if you would like more info.
Ryan

Old 03-02-2013, 03:04 PM
mik294
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Rush mufflers in my opinnion have the best tone. I had the Freedom Liberty on my CVO Ultra extremely loud not the best sound. Switched to the Rush 2.25 sounds great better sound not as loud as the liberties.
On my 2012 Street Glide I have the Rush 2.5, louder then the 2.25 but I like them more on the louder side. The Street Gilde has the TW-222 cams, V&H duals and AC sounded great. I have never had and problems with decleration pops, or coloring with this set up Fuel Moto has great maps. They recommended the 2.0 or 2.25 baffles, I did notice a bit of lag on the bottom end. I switched the baffle to 2.0 big difference in throttle response tho lost sound. Switched the mufflers with my Ultra I think they are a good compromise the throttle response was the same as the 2.0 but with more sound.
I put the 2.25 back on the Ultra and running the 2.0 on SG hoping to get a little more sound as time goes on have about 3k on them now.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 AM
rhodry04
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
I'm happy to hear the tuning issue appears to be resolved with the smaller baffles and proper map. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Please contact us if you would like to discuss taking care of the baffles and muffler.
-Ryan
I have to say after reading this thread I would do business with Ryan. customer service is a huge part of a purchase as far as i am concerned. That being said I am looking for slip-ons that will give me a loud deep sound on a stock bike. 2013 Road Glide Custom. I plan on adding a tune, A/C, and true duels in the future. It's kind of a toss up between big Louis and 4 in rineharts.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:27 PM
DJ Him
Stage IV

I have a simple question. Which is louder between the 2.0 baffle and the 2.5 baffle (Rush Big Louie)

Old 04-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

The 2.50" is louder. We also offer a 3.00" baffle that is only for use with stock headpipes on new bikes with the catalytic converter.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:43 PM
87SHRINE
Stage II

I had a question for Rush...I have a 87 FLHTC stock evo with just a k&n on it and just bought Rush true dual pipes, #7010, and was going to get the 4" Big Louie with the 2" baffle..I figured I would have to re-jet the stock carb.

The question would be what jets do you recomend for the above setup...and will this setup work well...thanks..

Quick Reply: Problems with Big Louie 4" with 2.5" baffles