Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

Baffle modifacation ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baffle modifacation ?

I currently have the 3.5" slip ons with the 2" baffles, stock headers with the cat removed, SE AC cleaner, and a power vision on my 2012 street glide. I have some discoloration (golden brown) on my right side muffler where the header attaches to the muffler and I am wanting to get a little more sound out of exhaust. Is the 2.5" baffle the way to go and will it give me enough volume or can I cut down my current baffle and crimp the end to retain the back preasure?

After doing some more research are the rush torque cones and no baffles and option as well?

Hopefully Ryan might be able to shed some light on this one.
Thanks

Last edited by Miked053; 12-14-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Miked053
Supporter

No one?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Miked053
I currently have the 3.5" slip ons with the 2" baffles, stock headers with the cat removed, SE AC cleaner, and a power vision on my 2012 street glide. I have some discoloration (golden brown) on my right side muffler where the header attaches to the muffler and I am wanting to get a little more sound out of exhaust. Is the 2.5" baffle the way to go and will it give me enough volume or can I cut down my current baffle and crimp the end to retain the back preasure?

After doing some more research are the rush torque cones and no baffles and option as well?

Hopefully Ryan might be able to shed some light on this one.
Thanks
I'll do my best to provide some info. Sorry for the delay.

The 2.5" baffle is the largest/loudest option we offer. Dyno tuning is recommended. This will be loud but you might lose some bottom end power due to the lack of back pressure.
The 2.25" is great for riders wanting volume and performance.

We do not recommend modifying the baffles. Changing the length will effect the sound but the diameter of the baffle has a larger effect. Due to our design, its very difficult to modify a baffle with positive results and no rattles.

Sound is an opinion but I do not recommend running without baffles at any time. The mufflers will be extremely loud and performance will suffer. The torque cones will help provide some back pressure but you should not completely remove the baffles.

The 2.5" with aftermarket headpipes are extremely loud. I recommend this with a dyno tune for anyone wanting as much volume as possible. The volume will be loud and the tone very deep.
Ryan

Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Miked053
Supporter

Ryan, thank you for the info and it looks like the 2.5" baffle might be the option.

Is there anyway that I can get the discoloration out of the pipes? The right side muffler is a dark blue/purple fading into a golden brown where it goes into the head pipe.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've heard of some products reducing discoloring but it's been my experience they only work for slight yellow or gold. I'll PM my email address so you can send some pictures of the issue. I'll have our warranty clerk take a look to see if it's something that would be covered. Usually we can determine if it's a chrome defect, heat, or burnt oils.
I'll PM the info to get that process started.
Ryan