Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

Rush 2:1 en route... Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:25 PM
XjldX
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rush 2:1 en route... Questions?

So I've got a Rush 2:1 coming from a fellow forum member for my '07 Dyna and I'm wondering what the suggested exhaust gaskets would be for this pipe. I've read the hype about the SE ones, which seems well enough, but I've read that they can be a pain to get to seal due to the thin, flat shape.

Also (and I know the "best" answer, but...) I'm currently running stock headers with Rush slip-ons with 1.75" baffles, a SE Stage One AC, and XiEDs. I believe that the bike had a remap before I bought it, based on what the dealer told me, but I can't be sure, but it's running great, pipes aren't overly hot, and plugs always look good. My question is, seeing as I can't afford a tune right now, what are the chances that I'll be alright to run it how it is when I swap over to the 2:1?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Jimmy

Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Harley stock OEM gaskets will work with the new system. Answering the tuning question is a bit more complex. It's a large change from stock headers and 1.75" baffle slip ons to a 2:1 system. I recommend tuning any time headers are changed from stock. With the 2:1 system, the smaller the baffle the better your chance it'll run ok with no tune. The larger baffle sizes will most likely require tuning again. If it runs ok without tuning again I still recommend it to bring out the full performance gains the system can produce. There are so many variables with tuning I can not guarantee if you will or will not have to tune it. I don't think it'll damage anything if you don't tune but again I can't guarantee that. I don't think the Xieds will work perfectly with the system but should help until a fuel management system is installed. Most likely tuning will be required.
Please let me know if you would like to discuss further.
Thanks,
Ryan

Old 02-21-2014, 09:52 AM
XjldX
Road Captain

Thanks Ryan. As I'm going to my second Rush product, I've spent a bit of time lurking the Rush forums here and I gotta say it's rare to see a company with someone willing to put in the time and effort that you do on here. Thanks again and I will let you know if I have any more questions for you.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:49 AM
XjldX
Road Captain

Hey, Ryan, so I got the 2:1 setup in the mail today and it seems I am missing most of the small stuff in the hardware kit. I am hoping this stuff is available separately? I need all the bolts ( 2 x #18, 2 x #11) and washers (2 x #3), the spacer (washer #8 ), and the small bracket that slips into the muffler (bracket - 0008 ) If possible, could you tell me how I can go about getting these parts? And again, thank you for your help and support!

Old 03-01-2014, 01:50 AM
XjldX
Road Captain

Edit - fixed the part numbers.

Old 03-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The hardware kit and components are available separately. Please give our office a call or email sales@rushracingproducts.com . Glad to hear you have the system and it should be simple to get you the remaining items from the kit.
-Ryan

Old 03-03-2014, 02:11 PM
XjldX
Road Captain

Thanks! I spoke with Guy this morning and he got me all squared away.