Rush Racing Products Performance V-Twin Exhaust — Providing the industry's most complete line of slip-on mufflers.

Baffles

Old 08-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Baffles

I have Big Louie Slash-Up slip-ons on my 2011 Limited Ultra. I ended up with a 2.5 baffle because I heard that I couldn't use the 3.0 in the slip-ons, but I've read about guys who have them on their bikes. Why can't I use 3" baffles in my Big Louie slip-ons? If I can, I'm gettin' some. Also have V&H Power Duals.

Attached Thumbnails Baffles-winter-mods.jpg  
Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
I have Big Louie Slash-Up slip-ons on my 2011 Limited Ultra. I ended up with a 2.5 baffle because I heard that I couldn't use the 3.0 in the slip-ons, but I've read about guys who have them on their bikes. Why can't I use 3" baffles in my Big Louie slip-ons? If I can, I'm gettin' some. Also have V&H Power Duals.
We do not recommend using the 3.00" baffles with open head pipes due to a lack of back pressure and tuning issues. They were designed for cat-back only applications because the cat will provide the required back pressure for proper operation and tuning. I have seen one person use the 3.00" with true duals. It sounded amazing but was to loud for my ears. Very difficult to tune and low-end (TQ) power can suffer. It is possible, we just don't recommend it. The 2.00" and 2.25" work best with true duals or power duals. That recommendation is based on performance, tuning, and volume. For most people the 2.50" with duals is to loud for long rides.

Thanks for choosing Rush! Let me know if I can provide any other info.
Ryan

Old 12-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
We do not recommend using the 3.00" baffles with open head pipes due to a lack of back pressure and tuning issues. They were designed for cat-back only applications because the cat will provide the required back pressure for proper operation and tuning. I have seen one person use the 3.00" with true duals. It sounded amazing but was to loud for my ears. Very difficult to tune and low-end (TQ) power can suffer. It is possible, we just don't recommend it. The 2.00" and 2.25" work best with true duals or power duals. That recommendation is based on performance, tuning, and volume. For most people the 2.50" with duals is to loud for long rides.

Thanks for choosing Rush! Let me know if I can provide any other info.
Ryan

I searched High & Low for a set of 2" Baffles for my 4" Big Louie's,,, had to settle on the 2.25" Baffles... as I have a decatted headpipe... I haven't installed the BL's yet as I'm doing a Cam Swap this winter...