Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO on backorder due to parts????

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 07:49 PM
String00bean
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO on backorder due to parts????

I ordered a CVO street glide (black/gold) In Dec and got a call from dealer on March 15th telling me that they had a ship date and the deliver date was the week of March 30th. Then less then a week I get a call from the dealer saying that the CVO's had been put on backorder from 30 to 45 days due to parts. I find this some what questionable since they had a ship and delivery date. Has anyone heard that the CVO,s (don't knowing if it all CVO's) were put on backorder or a change on shipping dates????

Old 03-21-2015, 09:29 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by String00bean
I ordered a CVO street glide (black/gold) In Dec and got a call from dealer on March 15th telling me that they had a ship date and the deliver date was the week of March 30th. Then less then a week I get a call from the dealer saying that the CVO's had been put on backorder from 30 to 45 days due to parts. I find this some what questionable since they had a ship and delivery date. Has anyone heard that the CVO,s (don't knowing if it all CVO's) were put on backorder or a change on shipping dates????

It's does happen. Not sure about for parts. More for paint issues.

However, I just saw one for the first time at my local dealer the other day.

It looked good.

YB

Old 03-22-2015, 08:49 AM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I just had my black/gold Street Glide delivered yesterday. When I bought it a couple of weeks ago, I was told, and have since also read, that they stopped making all the colors of the CVO SG, and that what dealers had, or what was en route, was all they were going to get. He said he's had to cancel people who had deposits.

There's a new black/bluish flames color that is becoming available. I've seen a few post that they were able to buy them.

I'd push on your dealer to find out what "backordered" means.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

The black '15.5 are hitting dealers. They are very similar to the '12 SESG clear down to the tank badges. Is that the one you have ordered? Might be waiting on the painted parts. When it does get here. Check it over very closely. Seems the CVO painter is slacking this year.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:32 PM
cigarlvr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still waiting for mine

Originally Posted by String00bean
Bought mine at the end of November and was told it will be shipping the 1 st of February and would have no later than the following week and guess what still waiting. Got call from my dealer two weeks ago that it is back ordered for an additional 3 weeks and had no other info as to why or an updated ship date or build date. After all this waiting really hope they don't cancle the darn order .If it is for paint issues I am fine with that however if it comes in with any paint issues I am going to scream after all this waiting and dealer taking a 5 k deposit.