Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Dyno Tuning Question?????

Old 04-24-2007, 08:12 PM
KLINK67
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno Tuning Question?????

Can anyone tell how many hours it would take to dyno tune a 110cui bike after installing pipes, power commander & air kit?

Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM
smittyvegas
Advanced
Default RE: Dyno Tuning Question?????

I am having mine done today with the SERT. Normally 5 hours but they have all the numbers and dropped it to 3 hours for mine.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:33 PM
WPB_07FXDSE
Intermediate

I just had mine done last week at Palm Beach Harley and it took them almost 5 hours. It was the first 110" they had done with the pipes I chose (Vance & Hines Big Radius). After extensive research, I also used the HD Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner. I would highly suggest the SERT over the Power Commander - highly. My HP went from 80 to 96, and my ft lb torque to the rear wheel went from 96 to 114. The air/fuel mis lines were literally one when finished and the tech removed nearly 2/3's of the V&H baffel.

It's a rocket ship now - not lean, not rich, no unneccessary back pressure - I mean frickin' perfect.

The key is to find a tech who is very dyno savvy.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
KLINK67
3rd Gear

Thanks for the quick response. When they told me 5 hours, I thought that they might be overcharging me.I hope mine will have the same affect that yours had. I did go with the power commander because it doesn't permanently link its self to the bikes computer. The SERT does. Problem being that when it comes time for warranty issues they diagnose your bike and the bike computer will state thatan after market HD race tuner has been installed, voiding the warranty. With the power commander that doesn't occur. When warranty issues arise you simply disconnect the link and all is unaware. This was told to me by a HD tech on the side. Check it out with your tech and let me know what they say

Old 04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
WPB_07FXDSE
Intermediate

Sorry, Klink, but I think you have it wrong. Let me explain at least my situation...

Among the many reasons I chose the SERT over the power commander was that of warranty, i.e., a power commander voids all HD warranties as it is not original HD equipment and "connects" to the ECU (the electronic control unit - the "brain" of the bike).Yes, by design, only one SERT can be used per ECU but it's not "after the fact." Instead, all programming does directly into the ECU and thus, when purchased at my dealer along with the new Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes, my two year out of the box warrantyremains in tact as will any extended warranty I chose to purchase.

What you wrote to me doesn't make sense and in fact just the oppisite is true. You wrote: "Problem being that when it comes time for warranty issues they diagnose your bike and the bike computer will state thatan after market HD race tuner has been installed, voiding the warranty. With the power commander that doesn't occur. "

I was specifically told that because the power commander is after market and bolts onto the ECU, that all factory warranties are voided. I was further advised by my tech at my HD dealer that over the years they have seen countless bikes come in with malfunctioning power commanders (heat, humidity, temp changes, etc...) and thus unwarrantied repairs.

Somewhere out there lies one version of the truth :-)

Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 AM
2dgcrw
Stage IV

who did your tuning ' my bike only got 82 hp and 105tq , its a 07 fxstsse

Old 09-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

I was told by my local dealer that only the SERT (of course installed by them) would keep my warranty intact.

As for dyno time, I believe that 5 hours is the rule of thumb for initial quotes but most of the time it can be done in 2 to 3 hours depending on your bike configuration.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Rides2007Harley
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 2dgcrw

who did your tuning ' my bike only got 82 hp and 105tq , its a 07 fxstsse
If you go to www.cvoharley.com and look at most of the dyno sheets the guys with the 110 motors are getting over 90 horsepower,

Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 AM
skyhook
Tourer

the important thing with dyno tuning is to find someone who tunes both cylinders individually. This will take at least 3 hours. A lot of tuners just test the mixture in one cylinder and paste the values to the other cylinder. The motor will run MUCH smoother with individual tune. There not many tuners who take the time to do it right. Do some research before you spend your money!

Old 09-24-2007, 05:42 AM
08CVORK
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dealer has a dyno and a seemingly very knowledgable young fellow running it. They tell me 5 hours in most cases but often he says he does it in around 3 hours and he says that he does the individual tune. This '08 needs it too, it runs better cold, and that's a darn good indication of a poorly tuned fuel system....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno Tuning Question?????