Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

First CVO - 2015 RGU

Old 04-30-2015, 02:07 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

CPTDENNY, how do you like the taller HD windshield? I was getting a good bit of wind coming over the stock windshield hitting me about eye/nose/ear level. Its enjoyable at slow speed but annoying at highway speed so have ordered a 14" Freedom Shield. If that does not push it above my helment I'm going to have to start going taller with the windshield. BTW I'm 6'2" so looking several inches above stock windshield.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:57 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by TNCarters
CPTDENNY, how do you like the taller HD windshield? I was getting a good bit of wind coming over the stock windshield hitting me about eye/nose/ear level. Its enjoyable at slow speed but annoying at highway speed so have ordered a 14" Freedom Shield. If that does not push it above my helment I'm going to have to start going taller with the windshield. BTW I'm 6'2" so looking several inches above stock windshield.
The HD tall windshield is 19". I'm 5'11" with 32" inseam. This taller windshield does move the air over my head. I find it more useful on the highway at 70 mph than the stock 14" OEM windshield.

The bad: I live in South Florida and find this taller windshield to be warming on my rides.
There's a distortion near the top of this windshield, about 1" in height for the total width of this shield. I've considered having that 1" professionally removed, another remedy would be to install one of those shield edgings that keep rain drops from spilling over the shield.

I got this shield under warranty since my original 14" was delivered with minor scratches. Over all I find it as an improvement but wouldn't want to pay for it out of pocket. I'd look elsewhere due to that 1" distortion. I do prefer having a polycarbonate shield, (Lexan) since they are more scratch resistant than acrylic ones.

I understand Madstad shields are the best for wind management but they're so ugly. On my 2011 Road Glide CVO I had the tallest F4 windshield. (19") which does everything I wanted and was distortion free, but I haven't seen F4 making these for our 2015 Road Glides.

Please stay in touch with your findings on your new shield.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:35 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

My Best Friend just picked up 2015 RGS this Fall.

Like most, he hated the "nail clipper" stock one. He was able to get one of the first Klockwerks 2015 screens. (Unlike The older Klockwerks screens of past years)

My bro has lowers on his and the new screen and is happy as a pig in mud!

I'll try and find a picture for you guys.

YB