Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Garage door opener CVO

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:13 AM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Garage door opener CVO

SO i have searched, then tried everything i have found to try. I can not get my door opener programmed, I tried an extra control box that my dad had (new in the pack) as well as the one that came with my bike. The light flashes when i flip my headlight button but nothing happens. I have a craftsman door opener i have triple checked the wires and still no luck..
Do any of you have other ideas?

Old 07-22-2015, 12:34 PM
wannabe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like since your reciever is blinking when you toggle your high beams that the transmitter and receiver are working sounds like a problem between receiver and opener, (at work now so can't verify if thats what mine does). Mine is an older Craftsman without the safety eyes on the door, The two reciever wires from the HD unit hook to the Red and White wires on the Garage door opener on mine, don't know if that helps at all but that's how mine works, I even bought an extra transmitter and installed it in my wifes CVO Streetglide and it works awesome.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Wino
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you wired in correctly to the opener. You might have hooked up to the safety eye instead of the opener trigger.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:30 AM
jetspeed8
Tourer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I had a similar problem setting mine up. It was wired right and I kept getting the blinking light but it would not sink. I must have spend 2 frustrating hours trying to sync this thing up.

The, out of the blue, the sync went through and it has been working ever since.

I know this doesn't help you situation but wanted to give you some relief that it may eventually start working. Fiddle with the wiring on the back of the garage door opener where the wires attach. That is what I wound up doing.

Good Luck..

Old 07-23-2015, 02:15 PM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by jetspeed8
I had a similar problem setting mine up. It was wired right and I kept getting the blinking light but it would not sink. I must have spend 2 frustrating hours trying to sync this thing up.

The, out of the blue, the sync went through and it has been working ever since.

I know this doesn't help you situation but wanted to give you some relief that it may eventually start working. Fiddle with the wiring on the back of the garage door opener where the wires attach. That is what I wound up doing.

Good Luck..
I went as far as unhooking the wires that go to the wall switch to see if it would work. I have spent some time on it but not 2 hours all at once..
I am almost at the point of buying a new opener. I am positive that it is hooked up right and all of the troubleshooting forms online from Harley speak of bike side issues from people buying it and adding to their bike. I will try a few more times and see what happens.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:19 AM
tpb857
Road Captain

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts

There are older threads on this. There are some Craftsman openers that the HD opener will not work with. I changed both of my garage door openers from older Craftsman to newer belt drive Craftsman. Worked with the older ones, but not the newer. The old threads that I mentioned had some good theories on why this was occurring. Anyway, I took one of the extra remotes, took it apart to where I could get access on the board to the contacts for the open/close button and soldered the wires from the HD opener to those contacts. Works perfectly now.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:21 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Craftsman isn't the only one. I had a buddy that had a chamberlin, I think and had the same issue. It has to do with the control pad sending its own unique id when it is pushed. We found the solution using google. Inside his opener, there was a dip switch that he had to flip that allowed an external device to open and close the door.

I don't know if the Craftsman has something like this or not but would bet it has something to do with it. I know on my opener, there are separate connections at the opener. I know that if you plug in the HD wires to the same input as the control pad, it will not work. It has 4 more ports for various inputs and I had to download the manual to figure out which ones to use.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:07 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I think that there is a "learning" button on the motor unit that needs to be pushed then in a limited time frame the opener button must be pushed.

I set mine up that way and my opener is a Craftsman but about 10 years old. Set up a number of cars that way also that have the built in sending unit in the car.

Last edited by lh4x4; 07-26-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:13 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I think that there is a "learning" button on the motor unit that needs to be pushed then in a limited time frame the opener button must be pushed.

I set mine up that way and my opener is a Craftsman but about 10 years old. Set up a number of cars that way also that have the built in sending unit in the car.
The CVO comes with a transmitter and its own receiver. The HD receiver is then wired in to the opener like you would an opener button pad.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:14 AM
enforcer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huh…whats this all about…a garage door opener?

I need to get out from under the rock…first I've heard of it.

Quick Reply: Garage door opener CVO