Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Anyone know of a blow-by kit for this specific SE Air Filter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 12:09 AM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone know of a blow-by kit for this specific SE Air Filter?

As the title states and this is stock on my bike. I'm coming up with my own ideas but looking for anything that has been done or someone knows about.

This is what I found after taking mine off so I know I need/want to do something.

Thanks for any insight.

!

Old 10-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much about the oil. The heavy breather doesn't let the oil drip on your bike like other open air filters. I don't believe the little bit of synthetic oil that goes into the motor hurts anything. But if it bothers you enough DK has quite a few options.
Billy

Old 10-09-2015, 11:01 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

The hot air and oil mist sucked into the engine increase deposit build up and reduces power by about 2 hp. The engine needs cool air not hot air vented from the inside of the engine.

A catch can is worth the cost and effort. Some sports cars come standard with them because of their performance benefit.

I will take of picture of my 13 Street Bob 103 with 7,700 miles on it and post it. It had run E10 fuel which is cleaner burning and had the gas treated through three tank treatments at three thousand mile intervals. It is a lot of build up on the pistons, heads and valves.

I am in the process of rerouting the vents on my bikes.

I pulled the engine because I dropped a 120R into it.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:05 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 590 Likes on 309 Posts

Can you do this? I did it to my 103 and 110.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone know of a blow-by kit for this specific SE Air Filter?-2014-01-02-16.13.26.jpg   Anyone know of a blow-by kit for this specific SE Air Filter?-ports.jpg   Anyone know of a blow-by kit for this specific SE Air Filter?-pluming.jpg  
Old 10-10-2015, 09:54 PM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 302 Likes on 129 Posts

This is what I did. No messy oil anymore. Depending on your plate I had to drill out the two holes to clear my cover and for thebolts.

Last edited by mstrobes; 10-10-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 AM
Billyram
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by db252
As the title states and this is stock on my bike. I'm coming up with my own ideas but looking for anything that has been done or someone knows about.

This is what I found after taking mine off so I know I need/want to do something.

Thanks for any insight.

!
db252 is your 50mm insert missing or you removed it for the picture?
Billy

Old 10-11-2015, 07:59 PM
db252
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mstrobes
This is what I did. No messy oil anymore. Depending on your plate I had to drill out the two holes to clear my cover and for thebolts.

This is something like I will have to do but the black cover that covers the throttle body doesn't really leave any room. I'm currently looking for hollow bolts that would replace the bolts with the star pattern (can only see one in the pic I posted) and connect something that way.

Originally Posted by Billyram
db252 is your 50mm insert missing or you removed it for the picture?
Billy
Just taken apart for picture purposes. The gasket, chrome intake and filter have been removed. You are looking at the black cover over the throttle body. The breather bolts drain into the black cover which has drains that drop right into the intake.

Last edited by db252; 10-11-2015 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:46 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Thanks for any insight.

!

Both of the kits at the following links will fit...they are actually the same kit with the exception that on use black hose and the other uses black hose with a stainless steel braided sheath.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/DIY-...DIY-BH-BRT.htm

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/DIY-...IY-SSH-BRT.htm

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-13-2015, 10:56 PM
db252
Road Captain

Would the plan to be drilling the outside of the cover for the fittings? I understand the idea of blocking the drain ports once placing the new fittings. My initial idea was to have the new ports under the cover but there is not enough room because of the throttle body electronics.

Also drilling the outside of the cover will have the drain fittings at higher angles that aren't as desireable as having them at the most bottom based on gravity feed and is the his okay?

I'm still obviously working on this and I'm coming up with a couple options that require no drilling. I'd love to see something with this exact kit but I have found nothing.

Old 10-13-2015, 11:31 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Would the plan to be drilling the outside of the cover for the fittings? I understand the idea of blocking the drain ports once placing the new fittings. My initial idea was to have the new ports under the cover but there is not enough room because of the throttle body electronics.

Also drilling the outside of the cover will have the drain fittings at higher angles that aren't as desireable as having them at the most bottom based on gravity feed and is the his okay?

I'm still obviously working on this and I'm coming up with a couple options that require no drilling. I'd love to see something with this exact kit but I have found nothing.

Yes, drilling and tapping the two stand-offs, even though the back one will not be on the bottom, the pressure will for the majority of the oil out the hose, what may pool will eventually get hot enough to vaporize and go out the hose. Here are a couple of our bikes that have this set-up where the fitting/hose is not on the bottom. Between the two bikes they have over 50K miles with no issues...along with hundreds of our Customers with no issues.