Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Decisions decisions on the correct muffler for the 17 CVO'S

Old 10-06-2016, 09:11 PM
SilverStreetGlide
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Decisions decisions on the correct muffler for the 17 CVO'S

I have 2 strikes against the competition to date on upgrading my mufflers on my 17 CVO SG. KInda aggravating at this point. I have installed the Screaming Eagle upgrade from the dealer I purchased my SG only to have them take it off and put the original back on. I have contacted RC exhaust and they are back ordered a month or so for the 17 HD models touring. I called a local aftermarket HD accessory dealer yesterday and between 2 salespeople they convinced me to purchase TABS Perfomance Exhaust, And my initial call was to purchase the RC Exhaust. But same story a month out. They sent me a video of TABS Performance muffler on a 107 RG HD. And from most videos it's just truly hard to hear if the exhaust is truly what you want. So I decided to go ahead and order the TABS since they were in stock and since the salesman really felt it's pretty damn good. I received them today and installed them this afternoon. And I am going to post the videos of the before and after as well as my 15 and 16 CVO'S with RC exhaust which I think is the better exhaust note. And will be curious if others here can hear the real difference in the video. And this now has me wondering why the after market manufactures don't show a video of stock then theirs. If TABS had done this I would have not ordered the exhaust. And not here to bash TABS just sharing my own personal information and personal opinion. And if the 17 RC exhaust is anything similar to my 15 and 16 CVO'S then in my opinion the RC Exhaust has a more aggressive note and that is what I personally want. So I'll wait another month for the real deal RC EXHAUST.
And here are 3 videos sharing my exhaust. The first is factory 17 muffler, the second is the TABS muffler and the third is RC Exhaust on my 15 and 16 CVO'S.

Last edited by SilverStreetGlide; 10-06-2016 at 09:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by SilverStreetGlide:
coach127 (10-18-2016), Royalt (11-28-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

TAB makes a zombie baffle for more sound.

Old 10-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Dieseldawg
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost purchased the Tab exhaust. Decided to preorder the V&H power duals and H.O. slip ons and wait. Probably a month out as well.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Msquad
Road Captain
Received 172 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Dieseldawg
Almost purchased the Tab exhaust. Decided to preorder the V&H power duals and H.O. slip ons and wait. Probably a month out as well.
Good choice.

Old 10-08-2016, 10:36 PM
mstrobes
Road Master
Received 302 Likes on 129 Posts

Waiting on Fulsac cores for my 2017

Old 10-18-2016, 01:26 PM
coach127
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I am faced with the same problem. I also have the 17 CVO SG. The stock slip-ons can't even be heard over the radio. So there is no way in hell the person in the car next to me can hear them. I have always run Rineharts but will wait until I hear them up close and personal before I lay out the cash for them. Thanks for posting your videos and nice toys.

The following users liked this post:
Royalt (11-28-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 06:50 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

I fixed the Slip on issue with Street Cannons and a 117 kit... Damn that really wakes those slip-ons up and sounds great.. Seriously one needs to put about 750 miles plus on the Street cannons before making judgement I did exactly that prior to my 117 build and they certainly began to sound good

Royalt (11-28-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Steve Helton
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
I have 2 strikes against the competition to date on upgrading my mufflers on my 17 CVO SG. KInda aggravating at this point. I have installed the Screaming Eagle upgrade from the dealer I purchased my SG only to have them take it off and put the original back on. I have contacted RC exhaust and they are back ordered a month or so for the 17 HD models touring. I called a local aftermarket HD accessory dealer yesterday and between 2 salespeople they convinced me to purchase TABS Perfomance Exhaust, And my initial call was to purchase the RC Exhaust. But same story a month out. They sent me a video of TABS Performance muffler on a 107 RG HD. And from most videos it's just truly hard to hear if the exhaust is truly what you want. So I decided to go ahead and order the TABS since they were in stock and since the salesman really felt it's pretty damn good. I received them today and installed them this afternoon. And I am going to post the videos of the before and after as well as my 15 and 16 CVO'S with RC exhaust which I think is the better exhaust note. And will be curious if others here can hear the real difference in the video. And this now has me wondering why the after market manufactures don't show a video of stock then theirs. If TABS had done this I would have not ordered the exhaust. And not here to bash TABS just sharing my own personal information and personal opinion. And if the 17 RC exhaust is anything similar to my 15 and 16 CVO'S then in my opinion the RC Exhaust has a more aggressive note and that is what I personally want. So I'll wait another month for the real deal RC EXHAUST.
And here are 3 videos sharing my exhaust. The first is factory 17 muffler, the second is the TABS muffler and the third is RC Exhaust on my 15 and 16 CVO'S.

https://youtu.be/S6leiiLpk6Q
https://youtu.be/d717l--PA8M
https://youtu.be/VDqphQezfjo
Pull the baffles out of the Tab's or the Zoombie baffles Either way it has some sound.

SilverStreetGlide (10-18-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 04:25 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,457 Likes on 1,588 Posts

I haven't been around too many '17's with modified exhausts and I'm
not sure of how much of a difference there is between then and earlier model bikes but I think (JMHO) my '13 110 with Rinehart XT True Duals with 4" mufflers sounds better than the RC's.

I like my XT's on shorter runs but on long trips they're a little too loud unless I'm using my modular helmet (with speakers).

It sure is hard to get the sound that you're looking for so good luck.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:09 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by mstrobes
Waiting on Fulsac cores for my 2017

FYI,

Steve NOW has the Fullsac cores available for the M8s.

Currently has one set of X-pipes done and is working one another design X-Pipe for the M8s as well.

Now that's someone who really cares. Designing different X-Pipes to see what gives the better performances before going into production for his customers!!!

YB

Royalt (11-28-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Decisions decisions on the correct muffler for the 17 CVO'S