Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Softail Springer 09 screamin eagle

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Randy69
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Springer 09 screamin eagle

I have a hdfxstsse3 Softail Springer 09 Screamin Eagle ... The problem is
My stock exhaust sounded good untill I went riding with my friends. Damm can't here when to shift. Just have to fill my butt & other things viberate. My question is, Some dealers tell me if I buy pipes I will have to put on a power commander or fuel pak. The others will say, NO
you have a 110 cu and a KNA open style filter plus fuel injection. Just buy pipes. I don't want to loose any hp. And not void any warrentys with the fuel pak ect. Just have 350 miles on this thing now. Need some advice from someone that is not on commision.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

I'm not on commission! Here's the typical answer to your question. If you just doing Exhaust OR AC no fuel manament is needed. If your doing both, fuel management is required. Now comes the disclaimer, while Fuel management isn't required its a good idea as it will keep your bike in optimum running condition with your new set up. With out it you may notice decel poping for example. A little poping aint going to hurt, but it might start to grate on your nerves.

My advise would be to add the exhaust with out the Fuel management, then listen for decel poping and check your plugs after every hundered miles after you get them on. Then deside if you need Fuel managment.

If it were me and I had that nice CVO springer, I'd have fuel management on it already. Pine Tree put FM on his stock ride and if I had that one I would too...

Old 06-06-2009, 06:56 AM
Gutter Man
Cruiser

I put a set of V & H Big Rad 2 into 2 and it back fires, pops and gurgles on decel. the guys I ride with say it really sounds good but like mentioned it wieghs on ly nerves and I cant wait for my tune next tuesday. I have a set of Vied's and that helped but not much. depending on which pipes you go with I would recommend more fuel or a tune with your exhaust change. Gutter man

Old 06-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Gonz
6th Gear

Like Zach said, my understanding is you should just get the fuel map management anyways. My local dealer explained to me that the 110 engine is capable of so much more but the factory just can't send it out that way. And personally the popping sound on decel drives me crazy and sounds like **** I think, so if that became an issue I'd do it immediately.

Good luck! I just rode an '09 yesterday, and I know exactly what you mean about the bike being quiet. Between the wind noise and the quiet pipes I was having a hard time figuring out shifting too.