Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO FAT BOB -- Can you convert to mid controls?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 04:21 PM
betsybo
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO FAT BOB -- Can you convert to mid controls?

I am thinking about an '09 or '10 CVO Fat Bob. I don't like forward controls. Has anyone converted forward controls to mid-mount controls? Looking at it, it would appear that Low Rider parts would do the trick, but the dealer says it might not be do-able.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Gnarl78
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was looking at the same thing because they've had some nice deals on the 2009 CVO Fat Bob. One dealer told me they couldn't do it. Another told me they could do it, but it would be about a grand so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 57 Posts

YES

the non cvo Bike can be ordered with mids ... not sure about the cvo ...

or the bike can can be changed over, my friend had it done when brand new but a non cvo ...
required primary covers swapped out from another bike that dealer had on the floor, but it cost him $700 in labor & gaskits, he was not charged for the new primary covers ... that is ... his were brand new as was the replacements ... and they were traded even value ...

but cvo may have a unique primarys - style wise anyway ...

also the exhaust guard for the mids has a required indentation for brake pedal clearance that will be hitting if you don't change it, at first it looks like it fits but it will hit the exhaust and break the head stud, as my friend found out, later, and got a new head from MoCo.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:28 PM
lilspanky
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Charlie
YES

the non cvo Bike can be ordered with mids ... not sure about the cvo ...

or the bike can can be changed over, my friend had it done when brand new but a non cvo ...
required primary covers swapped out from another bike that dealer had on the floor, but it cost him $700 in labor & gaskits, he was not charged for the new primary covers ... that is ... his were brand new as was the replacements ... and they were traded even value ...

but cvo may have a unique primarys - style wise anyway ...

also the exhaust guard for the mids has a required indentation for brake pedal clearance that will be hitting if you don't change it, at first it looks like it fits but it will hit the exhaust and break the head stud, as my friend found out, later, and got a new head from MoCo.
+1 on what he said. Ive read alot of post were guys have went from forwards to mids because of fatigue or loss of comfort on fat bobs, wide glides, and many others. Myself personally I went the oposite way and switched to the forwards, now i have more stock parts lying around.