Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Screamin Eagle CVO Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

P

Old 09-11-2011, 02:35 AM
Prospect
Send a message via Yahoo to Warhawk
Default 2004 CVO Electra Glide

I bought this 2004 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide almost a year ago. I've now put about 10K miles on it, bringing it up to 30K. This was the first year for the CVO Electra Glide and the MoCo apparently had a lot of quality problems with their chrome that year. This one had quite a bit of peeling and flaking chrome, but I've finally taken care of all of it. I think I got quite a bargain on this bike, because of the chrome problems. By carefully watching EBAY and various forums I've been able to fix everything for between $1300 and 1400.

Best of all, this thing runs like a scalded dog. It's made riding a lot more fun.

So far...

Seat - It came with a Corbin Dual Tour with one of the seams ripped out. I replaced it with the stock leather seat and driver's backrest from a 2005 CVO Electra Glide.

Wheels - The stock wheels were peeling badly, I replaced the rear wheel with one from a Road King Custom, and the front with an 18 inch Harley "Airstrike" wheel.

Floorboards - Both the driver and passenger floorboards had peeling chrome and/or rust. I was able to change just the inserts on the drivers boards, used new take off Street Glide inserts. I replaced the passenger floorboards with new take off Street Glide passenger pegs. I also switched the brake pedal and shifter pedal to Street Glide parts.

Exhaust Tips - These had the worst chrome on the whole bike. I must have bought 4 or 5 sets of them on EBAY before finding some that would fit. I like the ones on it now much better than the stock parts anyway.

Small things - Changed out the grips with HD Nostalgia grips, a scratched up windshield with an 8 inch LRS Ultra Flip windshield. Replaced a pitted beather cover with one from a late model Dyna and added a Screaming Eagle trim ring.

GPS - I got a smokin deal on a Harley Zumo 550 GPS with the fairing mount. This unit plays MP3 files from an SD card, and I am using it for my music source. It's also a very nice GPS.

I'm probably missing a few things, but that's most of it.

I'm getting ready for a trip out to Colorado in about a week. I put it up on the lift and gave it a thorough bath, and it sure needed it. When I got done it was so purdy that I had to take a few pics.

Before pic, nice bike, but you can't see the bad chrome from here.
Click the image to open in full size.

After

I also found a color matched tour pak for it.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/SEEG_400_sig.jpg

Last edited by Warhawk; 09-11-2011 at 02:41 AM..
Old 09-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Outstanding HDF Member
Send a message via Yahoo to lkr0

you did a nice job, looks like a different bike. QUOTE=Warhawk;8803852]I bought this 2004 Screamin Eagle Electra Glide almost a year ago. I've now put about 10K miles on it, bringing it up to 30K. This was the first year for the CVO Electra Glide and the MoCo apparently had a lot of quality problems with their chrome that year. This one had quite a bit of peeling and flaking chrome, but I've finally taken care of all of it. I think I got quite a bargain on this bike, because of the chrome problems. By carefully watching EBAY and various forums I've been able to fix everything for between $1300 and 1400.

Best of all, this thing runs like a scalded dog. It's made riding a lot more fun.

So far...

Seat - It came with a Corbin Dual Tour with one of the seams ripped out. I replaced it with the stock leather seat and driver's backrest from a 2005 CVO Electra Glide.

Wheels - The stock wheels were peeling badly, I replaced the rear wheel with one from a Road King Custom, and the front with an 18 inch Harley "Airstrike" wheel.

Floorboards - Both the driver and passenger floorboards had peeling chrome and/or rust. I was able to change just the inserts on the drivers boards, used new take off Street Glide inserts. I replaced the passenger floorboards with new take off Street Glide passenger pegs. I also switched the brake pedal and shifter pedal to Street Glide parts.

Exhaust Tips - These had the worst chrome on the whole bike. I must have bought 4 or 5 sets of them on EBAY before finding some that would fit. I like the ones on it now much better than the stock parts anyway.

Small things - Changed out the grips with HD Nostalgia grips, a scratched up windshield with an 8 inch LRS Ultra Flip windshield. Replaced a pitted beather cover with one from a late model Dyna and added a Screaming Eagle trim ring.

GPS - I got a smokin deal on a Harley Zumo 550 GPS with the fairing mount. This unit plays MP3 files from an SD card, and I am using it for my music source. It's also a very nice GPS.

I'm probably missing a few things, but that's most of it.

I'm getting ready for a trip out to Colorado in about a week. I put it up on the lift and gave it a thorough bath, and it sure needed it. When I got done it was so purdy that I had to take a few pics.

Before pic, nice bike, but you can't see the bad chrome from here.

After

I also found a color matched tour pak for it.
Click the image to open in full size.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Senior Rider

The best looking motorcycle HD has made in 50 years.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 PM

P