Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

CVO 110" hp/tq

Old 01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
zilla8
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CVO 110" hp/tq

I thought I would come here to get some input from owners of the 110".In the recent Motorcycleonline comparo,the 07 CVO Springer made 81.46hp/95.58tq.I realize we are talking apples and oranges but the ZookM109 made 106.40hp/101.30tq.I realize that most stock Harleys are not the fastest bikes on the road nor are they intended to be.I look at the CVO models as sort of the factory hot rods and would expect a little more bang for my buck.I'm probably wrong but I think HD purposly limits the power to maintain reliability and avoid to many warranty issues.I'm sure with a little tunning you could get it to 90+ hp but I'm not sure about 100.I try not to get into the pricedeal comparing Harleys to metrics because It's sort of a moot point to me.I remember when Ford SVT came out with the Supercharged Cobra and allthough it was stout,there were plenty of guys with their own Vortech/Paxton set up's with similiar boost that could blow the doors off that SVT Cobra.I guess to some the reason they go with the Factory hop up's is you will still have a warranty.I just wanted to know how you guys feel about this subject.I will post the dyno numbers from the comparo if I can.
http://www.geocities.com/mrpcee/Dyno..._All_Power.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/mrpcee/Dyno...All_Torque.jpg

Old 01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
zilla8
6th Gear
Default RE: CVO 110" hp/tq

sorry I tried to remove the embeded picture of the tq dyno sheet since I provided the links but I dont seem to be able to remove it.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:24 PM
wmlafond
Intermediate

WOW - what a post? I read it twice and still am not sure what your question or point is.

To begin with, you can Dyno several different bikesof the same model and build and get quite different Dyno numbers.No two engines will produce the exact samenumbers - sometimes the differences are substantial. As an example, you will find dyno numbers on this site as well as others for a 2007 SE Dyna 110 cid (STOCK) that range from 80-89.4rw hp and from 95-105.2 lbs torque. That's a bunch of variance from the exact same model. Of course, one needs to compare apples to apples using the same scale - maybe the differences are in the brand / model of Dyno machine, altitude, temp, etc. etc.

If your question is will the Yamaguchies beat Harley's new CVO 110"ers on the drag strip- well the answere is yes. However, if your question is would you prefer toown a new CVO 110"er or a Yamaguchie, well any idiot could answer that question and the answer would not be Yamaguchie.

End of class.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:57 PM
zilla8
6th Gear

oh Lord here we go,I did'nt come here to show you how fast or how much power the Metrics have compared to HD.I guess It is a little confusing as to what I was asking so I'll try to clear it up a bit.I'm just wondering if You as CVO owners are satisfied with your bikes or parts etc. or would you like to see even more aggressive performance from CVO.I agree with you on the dyno #'s and I usually dont regard them as being all that reliable.I know I've seen a difference in atleast 10hp just from the operator alone and then you factor in all the other things you mention,altitude temps etc.I think what made me ask this question is the fact that all of the bikes were dynoed on the same dyno by the same operator and if the 109" M109 can make 106hp I would expect the 110"HD to be very close.I realize It's liquid cooled and a totally different motor but thats just my opinion.Again I just wanted to know how yuo guys felt about your CVO motors ,parts etc and If you feel the extra performance compared to stock is worth the money.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:56 PM
DDM
Stage I

Had my bike dyno'ed after my 110" kit install. 07 Road King Classic, Fullsac true dual headpipe kit and SE 98B mufflers. With the download from HD for this kit, it made 81.85 HP and 105.24 TQ.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:03 AM
zilla8
6th Gear

Sweet DDM,
after looking at this article about the new 96" and seeing the stock numbers,I can see just how much the 110" increases both hp/tq and with the exhaust mods and SERT/PCIII tuning the numbers are more impressive still.
We put all these new parts on the Dyno at Rockville Harley-Davidson in Gaithersburg, Maryland. With Dyno expert Chris Sanders behind both throttle and keyboard, the 96 delivered 65 horsepower and 79 pound-feet of torque at the rear wheel.

Old 01-30-2007, 04:41 PM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dyno run on mybone stockSE Dyna - 89hp : 105 fp Torque.
I can't wait to see what I get when I change the pipes, add a SERT and the 'Torque Smoothing' download. [sm=burnout.gif]

Oh yeah, my hopped up 95" Road Kingmakes 94hp and 104fp Torque.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:18 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: wildwill

Dyno run on mybone stockSE Dyna - 89hp : 105 fp Torque.
I can't wait to see what I get when I change the pipes, add a SERT and the 'Torque Smoothing' download. [sm=burnout.gif]

Oh yeah, my hopped up 95" Road Kingmakes 94hp and 104fp Torque.
What did it show your stock a/f ratio to be?
Tom

Old 01-31-2007, 11:33 AM
wildwill
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What did it show your stock a/f ratio to be?
Tom
I'll check the Dyno printout when I get home tonight.
Edit 2/1/07****Checked printout - a/f ratio not indicated. Dyno run was done as soon as the bike was uncrated. The printout was in the packet of papers I got when I bought it.
[sm=sorry.gif]

BTW - did you change your screen name?

Old 01-31-2007, 01:08 PM
wmlafond
Intermediate

Zilla8:

Please realize that when you purchase a CVO, you're buying much more than just a 110 cid motor. The exclusivity, the look, the chrome, the savings (would cost you $5-7k more to start from scratch), etc. Also realize that you are comparing apples to oranges - even though the cid of your examples are similar, the heads, pistons, cams, porting andexhaust systems are NOT similar and thus you see different results on a Dyno. Take any of the 07' CVO's and change the exhaust, cams and heads, and presto - now you've got a radical prostreet machine. However, I that is not what I wanted in "my" ride. HD MoCo has designed and tuned these CVO motors to;1) to meet strict emmission standards, and 2) to meet the riding habits of most of their customers (strong torque throughout the lower RPM range). Now 90% of all CVO owners are going to change the exhaust system - the stock exhaust is simply too quite (even though it is the loudest stock sound you'll find from HD), but beyond maybe adding a windshield and a sissy bar, that's as much as most of the CVO owners willdo.

My best suggestion is to ride one, then you'll have a muchbetter understanding of why people will pay up toown one. I understand they'renot the best choice for everyone (nor meant to be), and yes, I wish they had another 5-10% more power stock out of the crate, but there is no questionthat theyare one sweet and fast ride straight out of the crate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CVO 110" hp/tq