Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

V&H Hines 2 into Big Radius for the Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Born2Breakout
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Hines 2 into Big Radius for the Breakout

I will be taking delivery of the new CVO Breakout in February and wanted to see if anyone knows if Vance & Hines has released any pipes for the Breakout yet. I tried contacting through their website but know reply yet. Thanks!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

I do have news on that front. I took delivery last Friday and it's killing me. The first thing I have always done with a new Harley is get V/H exhaust and fuel management on them immediately.

There is a blog entry from V/H on their site that says they are working on a fitment now for the Breakout but no info on release date....but here's my question.

I just ordered the slash cut slip-on's from V/H for mine. I know they fit because another member had his dealer put them on before he took delivery of his Breakout. I actually called the dealer and he confirmed that the muffler mounting points on the Breakout are exactly the same as any other Softail. So these will tide me over until a full system is available.

But here's my question. Why wouldn't any V/H full system that will fit a CVO softail in the last 3 years not work with the Breakout? if the muffler mount points are the same, and the 110 motor is the same, I don't get why they won't fit.

Problem is, I don't want to take a chance on it and possibly have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee if I'm wrong :-)

Old 11-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Born2Breakout
Novice

The dealer where I ordered mine put a set of V/H Big Radius 2 x 2 on a Breakout they just sold. He said it was the same set up at the Rocker. I think because the Breakout is set up with a new EFI/Fuel Management system, there are special tuning requirements? The dealer was able to do this and was corresponding with V/H with the process, so it can be done.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Born2Breakout
Novice

Originally Posted by Z06_Pilot
I do have news on that front. I took delivery last Friday and it's killing me. The first thing I have always done with a new Harley is get V/H exhaust and fuel management on them immediately.

There is a blog entry from V/H on their site that says they are working on a fitment now for the Breakout but no info on release date....but here's my question.

I just ordered the slash cut slip-on's from V/H for mine. I know they fit because another member had his dealer put them on before he took delivery of his Breakout. I actually called the dealer and he confirmed that the muffler mounting points on the Breakout are exactly the same as any other Softail. So these will tide me over until a full system is available.

But here's my question. Why wouldn't any V/H full system that will fit a CVO softail in the last 3 years not work with the Breakout? if the muffler mount points are the same, and the 110 motor is the same, I don't get why they won't fit.

Problem is, I don't want to take a chance on it and possibly have to pay return shipping and a restocking fee if I'm wrong :-)
Heard today from Vance & Hines they will have exhaust systems for the Breakout in late December

Old 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

Originally Posted by Born2Breakout
Heard today from Vance & Hines they will have exhaust systems for the Breakout in late December
cool, thanks for the info!

the slip-ons will tide me over....although the stock exhaust on the 110 is more muscular than the 96's and 103's it's still pitiful...I understand why it has to be that way, but a major element of riding an HD is missing.....

Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM
G_Fend
Stage IV

cool, thanks for the info!

the slip-ons will tide me over....although the stock exhaust on the 110 is more muscular than the 96's and 103's it's still pitiful...I understand why it has to be that way, but a major element of riding an HD is missing.....
Did you mount your slip-ons yet? As I sit here and wait these last excruciating 24 hours, my mind is swimming with ideas!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Born2Breakout
Novice

Here's a pic with the Vance & Hines 2 into 2 Big Radius on the Breakout

V&H Hines 2 into Big Radius for the Breakout-black-breakout.jpg

Old 11-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

slip-ons are to arrive today....

Born....I assume that bike in the pix is not yours based on your sig.

Do you have any idea what V/H part number those BR 2/2's are.....??? there are so many different part numbers and since there is no "official" part number for the Breakout yet, I want to ensure I get the right ones.

I will definintely send back the slip-ons since the Big Radius will fit.....my favorite exhaust(although I am partial to the 2-1 version)

thanks!!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Born2Breakout
Novice

slip-ons are to arrive today....

Born....I assume that bike in the pix is not yours based on your sig.

Do you have any idea what V/H part number those BR 2/2's are.....??? there are so many different part numbers and since there is no "official" part number for the Breakout yet, I want to ensure I get the right ones.

I will definintely send back the slip-ons since the Big Radius will fit.....my favorite exhaust(although I am partial to the 2-1 version)

thanks!!
Nope this was done at the dealer where I ordered my Breakout. I am getting the Hard Candy/Gold sunshine model. You can talk to Marshall Tucker at St Charles Harley Davidson in St Charles Missouri and he will hook you up with the info you need

Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Born2Breakout
Novice

I do believe he said they based it of the Rocker "C" Softail, but Marshall's the guy

Quick Reply: V&H Hines 2 into Big Radius for the Breakout