Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 AM
bafm1234
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

What's up fellow Harley riders, I just brought a 2013 CVO ultra and I have got to tell you it is beautiful. I just put 100 miles on it and I can't wait to ride a 1000 miles in one day. The one thing I am upset about is the exhaust. For that kind of money the damn thing has no sound. I need ideas on a great combo for a exhaust setup. I don't want slip ons, I really want the whole setup. Any ideas?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM
JKM
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

lots of options out there. Best thing to do is get out to some nearby meets to hear in person what others have.

One option to consider is a headpipe and new muffler cores from http://www.fullsac.com/. You can reuse the stock heat shields on their headpipe and you replace the core in the muffler (keep stock muffler).

YOu should also look at the offerings from Fuel Moto http://www.fuelmotousa.com/ They carry lots of different products, including their own line (Jackpot), which many like.

While you're doing exhaust, you should seriously consider highflow intake and fuel management/tuner system (Power Commander, TTS). both the of the above mentioned shops provide tuners with canned fuel maps for their products. This will really help with the heat issues of the 110" motor. The factory sets them up to run lean to pass emissions and the cat in the headpipe makes it worse.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:56 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,588 Likes on 4,613 Posts

whats the production date of your bike? late 13's are subject to ARB approved pipes, you ight have a hard time finding a set without the cats, (which nis the ones you want) to remove excess heat and give the bike the sound you're looking for. pipes for earlier models like '12 should (check to make sure!!) fit, and you can ditch the cats, and what ever mufflers you want after that, You are going to want to do something with the tuning as well to get full potential of the pipes. (air cleaner advised too)

Old 03-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Bgill
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bafm1234
What's up fellow Harley riders, I just brought a 2013 CVO ultra and I have got to tell you it is beautiful. I just put 100 miles on it and I can't wait to ride a 1000 miles in one day. The one thing I am upset about is the exhaust. For that kind of money the damn thing has no sound. I need ideas on a great combo for a exhaust setup. I don't want slip ons, I really want the whole setup. Any ideas?
After 3 month's of research on the various forums I've decided to go with the Vance & Hines Duals and Rinehart 4" Slip-ons to be tuned with a Power Vision.
Seems to be the best all around combo for a 110" motor if you want to keep the balanced muffler look on the bike. Many who are looking for peak performance may prefer a 2>1 with a Ghost pipe for a balanced look.
Lots of choices and even more opinions out there so good luck with your decision.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
whats the production date of your bike? late 13's are subject to ARB approved pipes, you ight have a hard time finding a set without the cats, (which nis the ones you want) to remove excess heat and give the bike the sound you're looking for. pipes for earlier models like '12 should (check to make sure!!) fit, and you can ditch the cats, and what ever mufflers you want after that, You are going to want to do something with the tuning as well to get full potential of the pipes. (air cleaner advised too)
Call Steve at Fullsac. He can tell you the exactly what your bike needs. Even if you don't buy Fullsac, he will provide a lot of information. I have the Fullsac Xpipe with 2" cores and the Fullsac provided map (loaded with TTS Master Tune). Runs and sounds great.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,461 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Lots options, but the main objective it to first get the "cat" to eliminate engine heat, then worry about the sound.

I went with Rinehart XT True Duals with 4" mufflers and a SERT and dynotune.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:41 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

If I was lucky enough to have the money to buy any CVO, the exhaust would be the last of my problems.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM
13CVO
6th Gear
Default CVO Exhaust

I just purchased a 2013 CVO ultra, just put the first 1500 miles on it. I am riding this new bike to replace my 2010 Ultra which was updated to a 103 stage 4 using R&R heads. I wanted to take the time to respond to the exhaust on these 110's. When I purchased this bike I had it dyno'd. The stock numbers were 85hp and 100 TQ. I purchased a V&H xpipe, left the stock mufflers on, also purchased a super tunner, once installed back in the dyno, 96 hp and 108 tq. The bike sounds great, I was not crazy about sound but with the 1500 miles and the Xpipe it really is sounding like a harley. I was skeptical as the 103 stage four with the high flow 58mm intake, high flow injectors, 259E cam was a hard pulling bike, I would still have it if I had not had to lay her down due to a mechanical failure, so I have lots to compare it to. I will say that I dont have the HP I had but the power band is smooth and start imediatly rather than at around 3K. If I were you I would leave stock muflers and try the new pipe and get a good tune done on it, I dont think you can go wrong and you will love the sound, the stock headers are very restrictive. Good luck with your ride and always ride safe.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JKM
you should seriously consider highflow intake
CVO comes stock with high flow breather....

Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
raptorboy
Stage I
Talking exhaust suggestion

Originally Posted by bafm1234

I own a 2012 cvo road glide. upgraded to V&H Power Duals w/ High Output Slip Ons. Unbelievable sound. V&H have the best exhaust out there. Yeah they are more money but you get what you pay for and that's why you bought a CVO. And stay as far away from the Power Commander or any other Custom Tuner as possible. Harley wont warranty it and the SERT is a better product. Keep it as much Harley as you can.

Quick Reply: Exhaust