Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

'13 CVO Road Glide Tuning - Best Bang for the Buck...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Bulwinkle
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 CVO Road Glide Tuning - Best Bang for the Buck...

OK guys, I just bought a 2013 CVO Road Glide and lovin' it! What I'm looking for is the best exhaust and tuner to get the most HP and torque out of it. I have been leaning toward S&S true dual head pipes and Supertrap 4" mufflers. Most Harley shops tell me they will not warranty an engine that runs the Power Commander.

I have read about the Dyno Jet Power Vision power tuner and based on what I read I would like to use it. But I doubt Harley would warranty the bike. Also I have seen where some use it in conjunction with the SERT.

I had the SERT on my 09 Ultra Classic, I just don't like the idea that Harley is the only one who can tune it and it's married to the ECM.

So, let's have some tried and true recommendations from those of you who have experiecned it, best exhaust with a great sound and added power and tuner, give me the what and why please. I don't plan on making any engine mods.

Your help is much appreciated!

Old 07-01-2013, 05:33 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Here's the deal. Harley built your bike and warranties it. You change stuff, they're not going to cover non-Harley parts. The can make an issue about coverage of your transmission (for example) if you've added power, as the added power was more than the transmission was designed for. On top of that, it's a federal crime to tamper with emission controls, which includes your headpipe, mufflers, and ECM programming.

Now with all that said, not many dealers give a crap about a set of pipes and a tuner.

There are a ton of opinions out there on pipes and tuners, this is mine.....Your bike is set up for a 2:1:2 exhaust, why go backwards with a true dual setup that loses power? Get a Jackpot headpipe and crossover, pick whatever mufflers you think look good (there's not a lot of gain from one manufacturer to another unless you start changing cams or displacement), and get a PowerVision.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In terms of exhaust...best bang for the buck is a 2 into 1 system. I have put D&D on my last two bikes and the current ride (13 Ultra CVO) dyno'ed out just a bit over 99 HP and if I remember right, 126 lbs. torque. Used a TTS Mastertune module and not the SERT. The dealer I do business with routinely gets TTS instead of SERT's. A lot of the success of this lays in finding someone who actually knows what they are doing when they are dyno'ing and tuning a bike.

Dealer did the exhaust install and I have never had a lick of problem with warranty work.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:17 PM
michaelm
Tourer

Fullsac has THE package for 110s. Lots of comments on the cvo.com website. I didn't use their tuner and opted for a Pro SERT because my shop was comfortable with it. Fullsac uses the TTS Mastertune which is the old SERT.

Lose the CAT or use Fullsac's header, re-core the mufflers with Fullsac cores and dyno it. I don't recall if your RoadGlide already has a hi-flow A/C. If not, you will need to change that. With this setup you should see HP in the low to mid 90s and Torque well over 100 across a wide rpm range. It's a proven setup for 110s. I have never heard of an unhappy Fullsac customer.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:47 PM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

V&H power duals work good and look great, opinions vary.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:26 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

All good info above.

My vote for sure for a turner is a TTS Mastertune turner!

Do yourself a favor and at least check out Fullsac.com and/or Fuel Moto's set up.

Good Luck,

YB

Last edited by 09 YELLOWBIRD; 07-03-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:15 PM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

my 12 FLTRXSE has the full sac x pipe, full sac re-cores for the mufflers and a PV, ended with with a TQ value of 117 at the rear wheel.

everything else is stock including the cams (255's)

I think the TTS is a great tuner, so is the PV. I have not used a Tmax on this bike. Had one on an 07 and it performed well, but just did not have a lot of experience with it.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:44 PM
penpro6
Stage II

I have a 2013 110 ultra. Many, many performance mod's. All done by the dealer and never had a problem with warranty. I think it is because it was dealer done. I float between Florida and Indiana and have had this bike to several different dealers, no problems with warranty!

Old 07-25-2014, 01:00 PM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with a V&H header, real similar to FM's, and the HO slip ons, as I wanted to fill the cutouts of the bags with something a bit larger than the stock muffler. Decent sound, nice performance, happy enough with the setup for sure!

Attached Thumbnails '13 CVO Road Glide Tuning - Best Bang for the Buck...-img_1074.jpg  
Old 07-27-2014, 07:06 AM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

set up looks good, all i can say is make certain you pay attention to your lifters. I had a lifter failure at 18K. So view them as a maintenance item and replace them at certain intervals like 10 to 15K miles.

I am now running a 120R, which i opened up at install to replace the lifters with S&S. The 110 is hard on lifters, its easier to spend 400 plus dollars to change them versus 10K to replace the engine. Ask me how i know....