Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Does Harley Davidson build there CVO motors with only SE parts ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 05:54 AM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Depends. Some of us have bikes that can be deceiving.
Your power to weigh ratio with a softail may be a slight advantage if your sig pic is current but i am guessing attitude and experience can and will equalize that slight advantage.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Boost
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 110 is has 7 move cubes, SE 255 cams and SE air cleaner. Not much of a performance advantage. The real reason you buy a CVO the total package. Quality paint, chrome, wheels, suspension, braided cables, sound system and so on.

The price is steep but if you build the same bike with factory parts you would pay just as much if not more.

Build a similar bike doing most of the work your self using existing/after market parts you may save some money and would have the pride in knowing you did the work yourself.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have ordered the 2015 CVO Limited for delivery in March. Should I have negotiated to have the dealer throw in the winter course "how to get the CVO look" for free? Damn, I should have known.
I'll have a look on eBay for a second-hand CVO look. Does anyone know how much to pay for a reasonably good used one?

Old 09-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Fatboy 04
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Look

Originally Posted by Scaredofrain
I have ordered the 2015 CVO Limited for delivery in March. Should I have negotiated to have the dealer throw in the winter course "how to get the CVO look" for free? Damn, I should have known.
I'll have a look on eBay for a second-hand CVO look. Does anyone know how much to pay for a reasonably good used one?
The best way I can explain the look is: After 4 years and you want to trade your old CVO in on a new CVO. The dealer will quotes you a huge amount for your older one. Then the guy next to you trades his 4 year old customized Harley with $20,000 of motor, paint, and wheels and starts to cry at the amount quoted to him. Bamm! "The look"

Old 09-13-2014, 09:25 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey All, new here on the CVO forum. I just have to laugh at some of the stuff on here, there are happy and content folks and theres the naysayers. The reason I came over here is because I am thinking of getting rid of my 07 RG and looking at the 15 CVO RGU.
My $.02 in this is this will be my 3rd HD. I have done all my own work except the last 2 engine builds in the last 12 months (long story).
I have probably $50k in this bike including a 124hp 103 and blacking it out etc, and I put every bit of $30k in my 99 Fatboy I use to own. Im over 60 years old now, getting close to retirement and this 07 is starting to give me insecure feelings on longevity so Im doing the paperwork now.
With what I just said, and others have said, a CVO can be left alone except for a stage 1 maybe. I am being told the 15s dont have the heat issues anymore and they have ironed out the motor defects. I guess time will tell. At least the story Im telling my wife who thinks Im gonna tear it apart and chnge stuff if I get a CVO, but really Ive dumped a small fortune in HD, so this one I would leave alone as I said, and in the grand sceme of things the $$ will wash out.
Theres a saying I have; Pay for it now or pay for it later! I believe thats the truth.
One thing Im not too fond of on the CVO's is theres too much chrome. I wonder if anyones blacked out a CVO chrome cases yet

Old 09-14-2014, 06:27 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bagman1
Hey All, new here on the CVO forum. I just have to laugh at some of the stuff on here, there are happy and content folks and theres the naysayers. The reason I came over here is because I am thinking of getting rid of my 07 RG and looking at the 15 CVO RGU.
My $.02 in this is this will be my 3rd HD. I have done all my own work except the last 2 engine builds in the last 12 months (long story).
I have probably $50k in this bike including a 124hp 103 and blacking it out etc, and I put every bit of $30k in my 99 Fatboy I use to own. Im over 60 years old now, getting close to retirement and this 07 is starting to give me insecure feelings on longevity so Im doing the paperwork now.
With what I just said, and others have said, a CVO can be left alone except for a stage 1 maybe. I am being told the 15s dont have the heat issues anymore and they have ironed out the motor defects. I guess time will tell. At least the story Im telling my wife who thinks Im gonna tear it apart and chnge stuff if I get a CVO, but really Ive dumped a small fortune in HD, so this one I would leave alone as I said, and in the grand sceme of things the $$ will wash out.
Theres a saying I have; Pay for it now or pay for it later! I believe thats the truth.
One thing Im not too fond of on the CVO's is theres too much chrome. I wonder if anyones blacked out a CVO chrome cases yet
I think it depends on the bike, but I did back in 2010 ... God I miss this bike

Old 09-14-2014, 07:07 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 190 Posts

Damn, Mr OP Guy, it didn't take long for your post to turn into a **** pile. Did you do it on purpose? If you did, job well done.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:50 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have two CVO's, a Vrod, two Sportsters,a Road Glide, two Softails, a trike, a Road King, a Buell and a Street Bob. I look the same on all of them. Denim jeans from decades ago, old Sturgis tee's dating back to 87 and a baseball jacket from work that I retired from 12 years ago.

What the hell is "a CVO look"? Do I have to buy a Tux?

Old 09-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,163 Likes on 6,216 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple M
CVO LOOK. How bout this...............I like what I've got.
What you've got there is a beautiful bike.

For some reason, the last couple of years of cvo's have paint schemes that I don't like. But that is just my own preference. I think the ones I dislike the most are the 14 Softail cvo's. The 14 road King cvo's looked good though. Again, just my preference and opinion.

I don't know anything about a CVO look. I have an Evo look, and sound for that matter. Does that count?

Old 09-22-2014, 02:09 PM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 590 Likes on 309 Posts

Here's my CVO Look.....on Arkansas Scenic Byway 7.

2012 CVO SG, 103hp, 111tq. Rides like a dream. Notice the stock intake and mufflers.

Attached Thumbnails Does Harley Davidson build there CVO motors with only SE parts ?-2014-09-07-10.50.12-copy.jpg  

Quick Reply: Does Harley Davidson build there CVO motors with only SE parts ?