Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Iv'e had it with my 07 cvo road king!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:32 PM
NX Brad
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iv'e had it with my 07 cvo road king!

Its for sale if i can't get the vibration out of the bike from 2500 to 2700 rpm.

1st don't tell me to replace the front motor mount! Ive done that.

2nd don't say rebuild the motor, I've done that! crank balanced, trued, and pinned. ALL BRAN NEW PARTs IM not just saying IM MEAN All NEW Including the crank, rods, pistons, etc.

It had the vibration from the very 1st days I rode it, with 22,222 miles on it. Now it has 35,000 on the bike and 487 miles on the new motor. It is a CVO 110 with around 10 1/2 to 1 compression. I have TTS and it has the new tires, brakes, new front sprocket, shorter belt, and A BRAND NEW BATTIERY. The pipes are BUB7

I will Accept any and all info from young new rider to old fat ones. EVEN GIRLS i give up!!!!!!

IM not buying the whole " its a harley its going to shake"

Old 09-14-2014, 06:33 PM
CSCCTK
2nd Gear
Default Other Side

Sorry to hear of your vibration problems. My CVO '07 Road King still runs like a top at 25,000 miles. Only change besides Rineharts is switching to Avon tires. And WOW, what a difference in ride and handling.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Sorry to hear about your frustration, but gotta think it would definitely be an awesome chick magnet..."shake-n-bake" rides = oh yeah!

Hope she sells, or trade that bitch in for new ride.

Old 09-14-2014, 06:58 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

It's a Harley....They shake!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:10 PM
NX Brad
Novice

Let me set some things strait. My wife doesn't mind the 2500 vibration just the little mechanic in my big head. before the rebuild i used to hate cruising at 70mph then i changed the front sprocket and belt, now i hate 60 mph. the bike launches hard and it gets up to cruising speed, very nicely; but that damn vibration just makes me think about it all the time!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Melman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you ridden other Road Kings (or other Harleys) to compare your vibration to? The fact is...Harley's do shake! They will never be as smooth as a metric but, for most of us, that's an accepted trait. Good luck and it sounds like you should be on a Goldwing forum!

Old 09-14-2014, 08:22 PM
NX Brad
Novice

I don't think Goldwingers have forums Ive rode just about every bike Harley sells. This VIBRATION isn't just some little, barley noticeable thing Its comes in at the same RPM every time and goes away at the same RPM on the high side. When I had the motor gone through I had the Timkin bearing upgrade and the crank(NEW) was at .002 runout. That baby should spin to 10,000 RPM without any issues.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:51 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NX Brad
I don't think Goldwingers have forums Ive rode just about every bike Harley sells. This VIBRATION isn't just some little, barley noticeable thing Its comes in at the same RPM every time and goes away at the same RPM on the high side. When I had the motor gone through I had the Timkin bearing upgrade and the crank(NEW) was at .002 runout. That baby should spin to 10,000 RPM without any issues.
lol yep they do sorry your having trouble with yours.
http://www.goldwingowners.com

Old 09-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by NX Brad

You do understand that balancing a motor only makes it run smooth in the RPM range that it's balanced for.
Big inch stroker motors vibrate more than shorter stroke motors do.
Harleys vibrate, it's just the nature of the beast...I think you're expecting too much.
If it comes on and goes away at the same RPM every time, it's probably normal for that motor and you're just gonna have to learn to live with it.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:58 PM
NX Brad
Novice

If You bought this bike new and rode it home YOU wouldn't have spent 1 dime on it with this type of vibration. I love the shake of the bike and This is not something they come with from the factor. The brother i bought it from has rode it and it didn't have this vibration when he first owned it, so it is something else other than its a shaker! P.S. I know how to BALANCE a motor.

Quick Reply: Iv'e had it with my 07 cvo road king!