Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

Want to put floorboards on my '72 FXR

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 10:33 AM
V_twins
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

yep!
ha ha... listened to it the other day...

Old 08-11-2015, 08:17 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,427 Likes on 4,129 Posts

Originally Posted by SIKDLX
I have a 82' shovel and busting my brains in finding a way to run floorboards hahahah that fabkevin in piece is just an adapter and what floorboard set up so I purchase? Mahaloz for your help!!!

As Racepres stated, Heritage Softtail or Fatboy ('86 to '99). If you look at all the parts, they are very similar to the parts of an FL Shovel. The big difference on the shifter side is that there is a bracket for the rear footboard mount that takes the place of the primary tab (which I'm assuming you don't have).

On the brake side, the mounting bracket has the rear footboard mounting as part of it, to take the place of the frame tab (which you may or may not have). This is the only thing that can give you fits with your exhaust since it is permanent and doesn't give you the option of different brackets to clear different exhausts.

Also, keep in mind that the early footboard's mount spacing was 10" and the later Softies mount spacing is 8".

A lot of guys took off their footboard assemblies in favor of aftermarket forward controls on their early FL Softies. Do a search in the Softtail section or the wanted section of sites like the Horse Backsteet Choppers.

Last edited by AJSHOVEL; 08-11-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:30 AM
Donzie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AJSHOVEL
As Racepres stated, Heritage Softtail or Fatboy ('86 to '99). If you look at all the parts, they are very similar to the parts of an FL Shovel. The big difference on the shifter side is that there is a bracket for the rear footboard mount that takes the place of the primary tab (which I'm assuming you don't have).

On the brake side, the mounting bracket has the rear footboard mounting as part of it, to take the place of the frame tab (which you may or may not have). This is the only thing that can give you fits with your exhaust since it is permanent and doesn't give you the option of different brackets to clear different exhausts.

Also, keep in mind that the early footboard's mount spacing was 10" and the later Softies mount spacing is 8".

A lot of guys took off their footboard assemblies in favor of aftermarket forward controls on their early FL Softies. Do a search in the Softtail section or the wanted section of sites like the Horse Backsteet Choppers.
Thanks for all the info!!

Old 08-14-2015, 02:41 AM
V_twins
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Built with capacitors and diodes and has a ****-ant sound!
don't want to hijack the thread, but you have a pm