Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

S&S Superstock Shovelhead

Old 05-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Rampage82
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&S Superstock Shovelhead

I have a 1982 Shovelhead for sale. It currently needs a new single fire ignition system in it. If I put a new ignition system in it I'm asking $4,500 for it but if someone wants it as is I'll let it go for $4000. It has a 93 cube S&S Superstock motor in it. Just needs some TLC and I have no clue as to what I'm doing with this thing. I don't have the time or the $ to keep throwing at it so it has to go. Other than the ignition system she runs like a champ. Comes with extra parts since I bought a few new parts and turns out it wasnt the part I needed to fix my problem. I've never been much with a wrench and I'm tired of having it take up room in my friends garage. If interested please feel free to email me stompinthompson@gmail.com and I will provide you with my phone number and pictures of the bike. Never had any issues with the motor or anything outside the ignition system and maybe a few minor cosmetic things. Great Bike For Someone That Knows What They Are Doing When It Comes To Shovelheads.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM
sqdealgeorge
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Ignition

What is the current single fire system ? These motors are good I sold 5 over the years Is this a cowpie trany Is this a rear belt drive and is the primary a stock chain ?

Old 06-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Rampage82
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The current system is a Hi 4 Single Fire 8-2100 Race Ignition. My buddy told me that they are garbage an that I should go with a Dyna 2KI Single Fire Ignition. I'm not trying to put anymore $ into it as I can't ride it anyhow because I am epileptic. I don't know a lot about the bike as it was just dropped into my lap when my dad passed away. I just want it to go to someone who can appreciate it more than me. It's all chain driven and I have no idea about the tranny other than it is a 4 speed and it has both electric and kick start. email me and I can send you photos if interested.