Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

did i fry my electronic ignition?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 05:24 AM
shovelthecoochie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did i fry my electronic ignition?????

i just finished putting my primary all back together. i tried to start the bike but it would not do anything. just turned over. 1979 flh. it was not getting any spark. i have a dyna S ignition on the bike. i acidentally touched a wire from the + side of my battery to the blue wire on the coil for a couple minutes. the blue wire comes from the electronic ignition and is not the hot side of the coil. the side of the coil that has two wires (white) and is normally hot is the other side of the coil. would touching a posotive wire to the ignition side (blue) of the coil fry my electronic ignition module??? please help...

Old 01-26-2007, 07:43 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Default RE: did i fry my electronic ignition?????

ORIGINAL: shovelthecoochie

i just finished putting my primary all back together. i tried to start the bike but it would not do anything. just turned over. 1979 flh. it was not getting any spark. i have a dyna S ignition on the bike. i acidentally touched a wire from the + side of my battery to the blue wire on the coil for a couple minutes. the blue wire comes from the electronic ignition and is not the hot side of the coil. the side of the coil that has two wires (white) and is normally hot is the other side of the coil. would touching a posotive wire to the ignition side (blue) of the coil fry my electronic ignition module??? please help...

Q- Where do the blue and white wires connect on the DS6-1 dual fire Dyna S

A- The white wire connects to the +12 volt side of the coil, the blue wire connects to the negative (-) side of the coil.

Go to thew link below, seems like some have blue wires and some don't, are you running single or dual fire ? Just e-mail dyna tell them what happen, look anything can happen with elevtronics.

http://www.dynaonline.com/english/harley_faq.htm#1s

cj

Old 01-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Rodnocker
Novice
Default RE: did i fry my electronic ignition?????

Probably so,,,,,,take it off and install some points(easy to do),,,,mail it to Dyna and let them inspect it,,,,,,points will run all summer,,,,,dyna will let ya know if it's bad and may send ya a new unit at no charge if they find it's bad,,,,,,,that's the thing to do,,,,you might get a new unit for your screw up or a dicounted price on a new unit or you will have the opportunity to buy new whatever ya want or stick with the points...........
I run points exclusively,,,,,,it's a mechanical thingy,,,,,,,,,,,,
good luck