Shovelhead A place to talk about Shovelheads.

locked up motor

Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

he makes me really look good in my wifes eyes.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:35 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

well it finally happened ,the bike screwed up. he left it parked in front of the bar overnite and someone must have been sitting on it and put it in gear. he went to start it and the starter stayed engaged with him hanging onto the front brake the bike scooting across the parking lot until he hit the curb on the other side stopping him. he sat there holding the brake until the battery went dead. not good for the battery,starter or starter drive. it's jammed up tight and he couldn't even kick it. he called me and i was long gone in the morning,he wanted to sit at the bar all day(the same bar he left it at the night before). it's a good thing he wasn't pointing towards the front window or he would have went right though it. he had it towed to some guys house and he's gonna pay him to fix it. Hell, he never afford to pay me for all the time i spent on it. i'm so glad this piece of junk is out of my life. anyway the story of the drunken little idiot and his junk shovelhead continues. what a shame, it could be a nice motorcycle if this drunken nitwit didn't own it. he's gonna throw more money at it.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:35 PM
V_twins
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

everytime I read your updates is a bitter-sweet feeling... pretty entertaining though...

Old 07-21-2014, 10:14 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

yes i must say i like this dude, but he won't listen to anyone and he's made himself the laughing stock of all our ridin pals, and for that matter all our co-workers (even though i'm retired) . i still go to union meeting and stay in contact with everybody as my whole family does the same thing.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:41 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,779 Likes on 17,441 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
well it finally happened ,the bike screwed up. he left it parked in front of the bar overnite and someone must have been sitting on it and put it in gear. he went to start it and the starter stayed engaged with him hanging onto the front brake the bike scooting across the parking lot until he hit the curb on the other side stopping him. he sat there holding the brake until the battery went dead. not good for the battery,starter or starter drive. it's jammed up tight and he couldn't even kick it. he called me and i was long gone in the morning,he wanted to sit at the bar all day(the same bar he left it at the night before). it's a good thing he wasn't pointing towards the front window or he would have went right though it. he had it towed to some guys house and he's gonna pay him to fix it. Hell, he never afford to pay me for all the time i spent on it. i'm so glad this piece of junk is out of my life. anyway the story of the drunken little idiot and his junk shovelhead continues. what a shame, it could be a nice motorcycle if this drunken nitwit didn't own it. he's gonna throw more money at it.
Oh god , that ***** messed up on so many levels bro, be happy you're out of it. Look at this way your karma's good and you can live with yourself knowing you tried. Know more than a few just like him , now you know where all the horror stories you hear about shovelheads come from. Idiots like that guy.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:36 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

he called me this morning and i told him to put it in gear and jerk it backwards and it came loose. he took the selonoid off and is going to replace it. don't know why as i told him you can take it apart and clean it up unless it's cooked. we'll see as he going to monkey with it friday and wants me to stop by. i don't think i'll be answering the phone friday.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:43 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

update on this pile of crap! he called last night and said he installed a new selonoid and finally had the battery load tested. all is good. hit starter button and now the starter will barely crank it over and is smoking and stinking. cooked the starter motor and he's going to go buy another new one today(third one in a year). i'm sure i'll hear from him today with some new problem. don't mind giving him some advice and walking him though it,but i'm done working on it. it's been down for two weeks now. at least i didn't have to put it on a trailer this time.

Old 08-01-2014, 09:44 PM
MIKE93SVT
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

he's gotta get fed up and sell it eventually. hopefully the poor bike holds up till then.

mike

Old 08-01-2014, 10:03 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MIKE93SVT
he's gotta get fed up and sell it eventually. hopefully the poor bike holds up till then.

mike
thing is it could be a nice motorcycle if someone else owned it. i offered to rewire it for him,but it's like everything else, he says it's fine and is working good right now.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:56 PM
CRCarnage
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This dude needs to sober up and get a Twinkie...he can drop the shovel off at my place

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: locked up motor