Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electra Glo saddlebag lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 01:28 AM
Freesince1903
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only have one problem with mine. When I take my tour pak off my blinkers on dash blink fast but are blinking normal on the outside. When I plug the tour pak back in they work fine.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:19 AM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

They are a great investment, this is in the run mode too.

I also added my Bright *** Light BAL1, off my 2012 trade, after this pic was taken.

Attached Thumbnails Electra Glo saddlebag lights-led0724142120_resized.jpg  
Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 PM
twosailin
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine do this also. I was wondering though, they are run, brake, turn. What I noticed is when turn signal is on and the brakes are applied, they quit flashing. The tour pack continues flashing though. Do they all do this?

Old 09-02-2014, 06:30 AM
bigdavem
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACLazer
They are a great investment, this is in the run mode too.

I also added my Bright *** Light BAL1, off my 2012 trade, after this pic was taken.
You want more light,change the tail light for the LED. Really adds to the brightness. If they can't see all these lights, they are blind.

The only thing with this installation is I would like at least two more zip tie double sided tape mounts. I don't like the way the wire just droops down. I went to the dealer and several part stores but no one has them. Radio shack has white ones but they would look really bad. I will contact harley when they get in this morning.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:21 AM
New Adventures
Intermediate
Default Light disconnect

The plug is easy to disconnect, hopefully they left enough slack to hold the plug while depressing release and separating; Since i have the guards on around the bags, I place a cloth over the guard and disconnect the bag to lean out and then disconnect the plugs. Does 2 things protects the bag ojn and off as well as easy acess to plugs;

Old 09-03-2014, 11:13 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 75 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Freesince1903
I only have one problem with mine. When I take my tour pak off my blinkers on dash blink fast but are blinking normal on the outside. When I plug the tour pak back in they work fine.
Have discussed this very same thing with the dealer and he checked the MOCO. They are aware of it and for now there is NO fix. Doesn't hurt anything in the dash!

By the way, I have a brand new IN THE BOX set of Electra Glo lights that are available if anyone wants to make a deal. I had put a set of these on prior to deciding to go with the tour pak detach kit (which includes a set). PM me or txt me @ 807-626-4789 $190. USD O.B.O. shipped to lower 48. I accept PayPal.

Mike (Lobo)

Last edited by roadkinglobo; 09-04-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:07 PM
mrbreeze
3rd Gear

Anyone ever have to remove the Electro Glo led saddle bag lamps to send them back for warranty replacement! 3 of the led's flash when riding, not a connection problem with plug. Probably a bad solder joint on board. Just not sure of best way to remove 3M tape!

Old 06-08-2015, 03:50 PM
jbrooksca
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Try trickling a little rubbing alcohol onto the top surface of the tape and paint and letting it soak in. It should soften the glue enough to allow a small gap to form at which point I would again apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol. You should be able to remove the lights, remove any remaining glue residue with a tissue soaked in rubbing alcohol. Follow up with a coat of wax.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:17 PM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I've removed a number of emblems that were on with 3M double side tape, I apply "GooGone" to the seam where the tape meets the applied to surface. I let the first application set over night. apply a second application in the morning then warm it up with a hair dryer. Pull from one end, you can drizzle more GooGone if need be and keep the hair dryer on it. They usually release pretty easy.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:38 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by 472viper
I've removed a number of emblems that were on with 3M double side tape, I apply "GooGone" to the seam where the tape meets the applied to surface. I let the first application set over night. apply a second application in the morning then warm it up with a hair dryer. Pull from one end, you can drizzle more GooGone if need be and keep the hair dryer on it. They usually release pretty easy.
Also, have some mono filament fishing line handy. It can be pulled along the underside of the tape in a sawing motion and it won't scratch the paint.

Quick Reply: Electra Glo saddlebag lights