Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very surprised with J&M 7 1/4" speakers

Old 01-27-2015, 12:31 PM
mmats69
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm just here for the comments.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:12 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmats69
I'm just here for the comments.
I'm just here to make comments. :-)

Old 01-27-2015, 04:49 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Crickets,,,,,,,,,,,,,crickets,,,,,,,,,,,,crickets.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Old 01-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Yeah... It's funny. At one time me and all my friends had JM. Today not a single rider has his system. I can relate to what you are saying bagger. Go to bike night and you are going to get embarrassed big time rolling with JM. Not bashing his product but the facts are the "Inexpensive car components" win these shoot outs every week. I don't blame the man for trying to make a living but be humble. The product will speak for itself. . . or not. Simple as that. When I walk into to Harley Davidson to purchase a new Motorcycle my mind is already made up. No need for a sales pitch. The product speaks for itself.
Well said.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:09 PM
HD_Doobie
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I know of three guys that all replaced their stock front speakers with J&M HCSK-7252GTM. ALL three of them blew at least one speaker on each bike! These were all un-amped systems! Speakers couldn't even handle the power of the stock HU... No thanks!

P.S. I cringe every time I hear AC/DC now....

Old 01-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_Doobie
I know of three guys that all replaced their stock front speakers with J&M HCSK-7252GTM. ALL three of them blew at least one speaker on each bike! These were all un-amped systems! Speakers couldn't even handle the power of the stock HU... No thanks!

P.S. I cringe every time I hear AC/DC now....
Yet another glowing testimonial.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Little Mike
Road Master
Received 93 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's another question and I ask because while I've never heard of it I don't know for sure. Are there any other manufacturers who limit the output of their amps via programming? What weak point, in either the amp or the speakers they are driving, is being protected? Short of intentionally protecting a weak point in the system can anyone else figure out a valid reason someone would limit the performance of their equipment before it even heads out the front door? It's like selling someone a Bugatti, going on and on about how fast it is, then after the sale the buyer realizes the sales guy installed a governor on the engine.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:59 AM
20FXST06
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I just bought a new to me 2005 FLHR and was wanting to put a little sound on the bike. It doesn't have to heard in the next county but would like to hear it at highway speeds. After reading this one thread, Jesus, you guys have scared me half to death. I don't have a bottomless pit to pull money from. was just looking for a little advice without having to take out a second mortgage!! Maybe I'll just keep reading!!

Old 01-28-2015, 02:24 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by 20FXST06
Damn, I just bought a new to me 2005 FLHR and was wanting to put a little sound on the bike. It doesn't have to heard in the next county but would like to hear it at highway speeds. After reading this one thread, Jesus, you guys have scared me half to death. I don't have a bottomless pit to pull money from. was just looking for a little advice without having to take out a second mortgage!! Maybe I'll just keep reading!!
LOL. . . What bike and what's on your mind? Budget, speakers, amp etc,.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 20FXST06
Trust me, you don't have to pay thousands and thousands as some would have you believe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very surprised with J&M 7 1/4" speakers