Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all Springers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 12:51 AM
Bighec
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
I guess I can now join you fellas in the springer thread?

Work in progress, my night train with a LedSled springer. A ton of custom work to come..

You sir are a lunatic! I love it!!!

Old 01-28-2015, 02:37 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bighec
You sir are a lunatic! I love it!!!
Haha thank you

Old 01-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Covenant
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Originally Posted by Ink83
I guess I can now join you fellas in the springer thread?

Work in progress, my night train with a LedSled springer. A ton of custom work to come..

Old 01-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Finmad
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

2008 Night Train

Old 01-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Black Flag
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait till I get this bad boy home...I just know there's a hot rod somewhere under all that chintz!

Last edited by Black Flag; 01-28-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: text added
Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Black Flag
Tourer

Here's a look at the other side...I'll be unbolting crap until I find her heart and soul.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Philphine
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Finmad
2008 Night Train

i think i saved this pic or another you posted from a similar thread. i don't think i want to go quite so bare (i like fenders), and i don't think i can do the all black and compleatly uncluttered handlebars, but this is the direction i think i want to go in.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

I love springers.. Almost bought a CrossBones when it came out.. Actually decided when my CVO RK is paid off im getting another Softail.. hopefully HD comes out with another springer.. If not might look at picking up a 2009 CVO springer with the 240 rear 110 engine and that flame paint with low miles, pretty sick bike..

Old 01-28-2015, 07:14 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Covenant
Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Black Flag
Wait till I get this bad boy home...I just know there's a hot rod somewhere under all that chintz!
Man you've got yourself something special going on right there, I see a lot of potential!

Last edited by Ink83; 01-28-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Black Flag
Tourer

Thanks ink, I think so too! You can probably tell that I am getting excited to get started.

This is H-D #3 for me...I also rock the '07 Touring rig listed in my signature...

and a sweet '83 FXRT (two-wheeled garden tractor) which I reserve for holiday parades. lol

So I was thinking recently...I have a Twin Cam Electra Glide and a Shovelhead Super Glide...what I really need is an Evo Softail. I had initially had my sights set on a Springer Classic but this little scooter caught my eye and, as you said, I immediately saw something special. It was in my price range so I pulled the trigger. Now I just ordered a service manual and a set of contour grips...those buckhorns are the first thing to go!

...followed by the windshield, front fender, auxiliary lights, those weenie highway pegs, sissy bar, all the gold flamed caps and covers, package rack and stock seat. Of course all original parts will be lovingly packed up and stored away, while the bolt-on crapola is headed straight to the eBay recycle bin, to help finance my own vision of what this bad boy might become.

Yup, lotsa potential...but I look at this sled and the first thing I think: Less is More!

I was very active on this site (in he Touring section) for a few years after buying my garbage wagon but spent the last couple years on the Shovelhead USA forum while I cleaned up the Shovel bucket. So now I'm back...but I'll be spending my time in the Softail section for the foreseeable future, getting to know y'all and soaking up as many ideas as my pea-brain can hold.

I've seen a boatload of beautiful bikes here and in the bad boy picture thread...my head is spinning already.

Now I'm looking forward to spinning a few wrenches and making this bad boy into the Springer of my dreams.

Here's an image from the Internet that kind of intrigued me...when I get done, I'll bet mine will be even Hotter!

Last edited by Black Flag; 01-28-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: text added

Quick Reply: Calling all Springers!