Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Russell Day Long and Corbin Saddles

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 04:42 PM
woodturner
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride a 12 road king with ohlins on the rear and progressive monotube in the front, I had a mustang super touring seat and it just did not fit me and the wife very well. We could ride about an hour then the numbness would start, I did allot of research and decided on a Russell Day Long seat. There was a waiting list to get it built but I got it about a month ago and I have about 500 miles on it so far and it is far superior to any seat I have ever had. There are some differences with it as you have to slide forward a little to flat foot the bike at stops but not really an issue once you get used to it.

Last edited by woodturner; 10-04-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:39 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Woodturner, Had one on my 89'. They are a great seat. Is your vinyl or leather.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:54 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

I have a Corbin butt but I have never heard a bad word (except they are ugly) about Russell Day Long. The BMW and iron butt guys love them.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:24 PM
woodturner
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheMurf
Woodturner, Had one on my 89'. They are a great seat. Is your vinyl or leather.
Vinyl, I know both have there advantages and I decided vinyl was the way for me.

Some people say they are ugly and that is ok, I don't think they are but I would be kinda prejudice, I do know they are the most comfortable seat I have used but each person has to find what works for them. I have only been riding a bike for just a few years (43) so I have not used them all.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:18 PM
madhunter60
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

i'm 6'3" 255lbs, let me first say to each there own, but I owned a Corbin and now own a Russell Day Long, no comparison for me I wouldn't give you 2 cents for another corbin, just way to hard, did 600mi. in a day with mamma and Iwith no complaints at all with the day long. I do have their backrest which is also comfy,I did leather inserts with vinyl side panels, I also added the kuryakyn 8973 quick adjust tour pack relocator to give mamma some extra room. sorry no pictures.

Old 10-04-2015, 08:29 PM
apexeric
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the best image but its all that i have right now.

Russell Day Long Saddle. Lives up to its name. This is my first H-D and the RDL was the first upgrade I did when i got the bike. I've used RDL on all my previous bikes - BMW and Kawasaki.

Send the photos of you to RDL and in 4-6 weeks you will have the most comfortable seat ever!

Worth the time and money!

Old 10-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My HD Sun-Ray seat is the most comfortable seat I've had on any motorcycle and I've owned more than 50. Can do an Ironbutt and not get any aches or pains.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:26 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Was considering the Russell Day Long last year for my Limited. Drove out to the place they make them in Redding CA. Very impressive manufacturing. Completely hand made to your spec's.

The two reasons I did not buy the Russell. You sit up considerably higher, I would need to slide forward in the seat to touch the ground. They told me that most customers only use there Russell for touring, switching seats for daily use. The next reason was the looks.

Having had a Corbin on my last bike and never feeling like that saddle was the answer I went with Harley's heated Hammock seat. Provided the comfort I was looking for without any downside other than cost. It's my bet that the Russell is more comfortable on long hauls, for me, the Hammock is the overall winner.

Your Harley dealer should have demo seats, try before you buy.

Good luck