Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jimmy's Forty-Eight

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 08:08 PM
jimothy cricket
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Jimmy's Forty-Eight

UPDATES:

Most recent pic:

Got my Vity's Design Velocity stack installed and the computer tuned with V&H FP3

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

What's up fellas? My name is Jimmy. I figured I'd start a thread of my 2013 Sportster 48 since I've been a member for a while and I've modified my bike to some extent.

This is my first bike. I picked it up in May when I lived in Madison WI. for $8,300 with 2,200 miles on the clock.

You can follow me on Instagram @jmmyhnsn

Here's a quick timeline:

First bought in May 2015

First mod was a 3" tank lift, coil relocate, and ignition relocation

And then remove the boring red paint and add HD drag bars:

Also added a black Fat-Boy headlight:

A neighborhood friend had V&H Short-Shots...so naturally I snagged them from him. I wrapped the heat shields because I like the look of a thicker pipe...plus I don't like how the short-shots go from skinny to larger at the end.

Then I did a fender chop and put on black shorty shocks.

Added Firestone Champion Deluxe tires to aid in creating the vintage/ratrod 50's look...true to the 48's original purpose in styling. Also made a license plate mount with the belt guard, a little trick picked up from PSU and his build.

And here she is most recently, with a nice new diamond stitched leather seat created by Ed at SickSaddles. Super comfy! I also have grips to install that match with the same material, just haven't had time to install those.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by jimothy cricket; 07-24-2016 at 09:51 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by jimothy cricket:
45ACP3% (03-05-2016), Hanover Fiste (04-20-2017), Ratwerke (05-02-2016)
Old 10-18-2015, 08:15 PM
bgup619
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks good bro.. Reminds me of an old cb750 bobber project my old roommate and I slapped together.. We cut the pipes w a sawzall .. You could hear us coming from a mile away.. I think your vintage look is spot on, keep going!!

Old 10-18-2015, 08:32 PM
RPMorey
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks really good! I like the direction that you've gone in! Is the front brake hose stock and just flipped or is it a replacement?

Old 10-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

Looking good.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:22 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Don't know, could use some harmony between components. It's a work in progress I assume. What's next for that tank?

Old 10-19-2015, 12:14 AM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

since may? thats some transformation!

Old 10-19-2015, 04:28 AM
crotchrocket
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your bike looks fantastic!!

Old 10-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Added Firestone Champion Deluxe tires to aid in creating the vintage/ratrod 50's look...true to the 48's original purpose in styling. Also made a license plate mount with the belt guard, a little trick picked up from PSU and his build.

I like all bikes just not everything about every bike, but i like the bike, Nicely done!

Could you elaborate more about the license plate mount, and a couple more pics?

Old 10-19-2015, 01:41 PM
jimothy cricket
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RPMorey
It looks really good! I like the direction that you've gone in! Is the front brake hose stock and just flipped or is it a replacement?
Thanks! The front brake hose is stock and untouched, but I think the larger headlight may have caused it to rest differently.

Originally Posted by OddJack
Don't know, could use some harmony between components. It's a work in progress I assume. What's next for that tank?
I agree! It is a work in progress, so stay tuned for more "harmony" haha I have plans!

Originally Posted by crotchrocket
your bike looks fantastic!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Gwaxley

I like all bikes just not everything about every bike, but i like the bike, Nicely done!

Could you elaborate more about the license plate mount, and a couple more pics?
Yeah I love the new tires but they're a bit squirrely on the highway! I'll add pics of my plate mount later tonight and explain what I did a bit more.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:45 PM
nathan-hd48
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice progress... keep 'em coming!

Quick Reply: Jimmy's Forty-Eight