Sponsored by:

JNR Designed air ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 07:45 AM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Thumbs up JNR Designed air ride

Not sure if you all are familiar with JNR Designed LLC, but they offer air ride setups for baggers. I spoke with the owner Jason at length about his product, and for the cost compared to Dirty Air ($399 to my door) I placed an order.

I've been riding it since the weather warmed up and am happy with the kit. The other day I came home and parked the bike; I always dump the air before putting her away. For some reason after I dumped it, it started airing back up on it's own. I tinkered with the switch and came to the conclusion it was a faulty switch. I called Jason just to get his $0.02 and he immediately sent me out a new switch even though I was well past his 30 day return/warranty period.

JNR is good to go in my book. Check them out on Facebook if you are in the market for an air ride for your bagger.

The following 2 users liked this post by Echo6 Sierra:
4Evr_Cruzn (10-19-2019), Johnny Goodlife (10-25-2018)
Old 03-30-2016, 07:48 PM
Jon_S412
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having one of there kits installed on my 2012 street glide in a week or two. I've yet to hear a bad thing about the company and really looking forward to trying one of there kits out!

The following users liked this post:
Echo6 Sierra (05-25-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 08:59 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just went with Jason at JNR LLC for my 2015 Street Glide Special as well. Very happy with my purchase and Jason's Customer service.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:16 PM
Jon_S412
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an update on the jnr air ride. I've put about 400 miles on these shocks now and I'm very happy with the ride difference! They seem to ride even better 2 up. You really notice how bad the front shocks are now lol. For the money on these shocks you can't beat it! I also had my local shop install an air pressure gauge in place of my air temp.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:35 PM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got the box in the mail hoping to have it installed tomorrow

Old 05-25-2016, 01:03 AM
02BlueDeuce
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Does the JNR Kit use an upgraded Monroe shock just like Dirty Air? Because my only complaint is when you have an air bladder collapse on one of them it gets real interesting if your cornering on a mountain road. I got rid of mine and switched to an AirFx shock. Here's what the Monroe looks like after it blows

Attached Thumbnails JNR Designed air ride-monroe-shock-failure.jpg  
Old 12-13-2016, 10:50 AM
RayHD
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 02BlueDeuce
Does the JNR Kit use an upgraded Monroe shock just like Dirty Air? Because my only complaint is when you have an air bladder collapse on one of them it gets real interesting if your cornering on a mountain road. I got rid of mine and switched to an AirFx shock. Here's what the Monroe looks like after it blows
Yes, to prevent what happened in that pic JNR Designed reinforces the inner/lower band, and have been for over a year on their Monroe shocks. They now also tig weld the top eyelet to prevent it from ever developing a leak...they are so confident in their workmanship and quality checking procedures on their modified Monroe shocks that they offer a lifetime warranty on them, any kit with Monroe shocks purchased after 12-12-16 includes free next day air replacement, if the top eyelet ever develops a leak or the lower band slips or fails (like in the pic) All other components have a full 1 year warranty, all their kits have a 30 day satisfaction guarunteed or return it for a full refund policy. And the last time I spoke to Jason, JNR having sold kits now for 5+ years, they still have not had a single return by an unsatisfied user...

Ray

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Goodlife (10-25-2018)
Old 12-14-2016, 07:20 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by RayHD
Yes, to prevent what happened in that pic JNR Designed reinforces the inner/lower band, and have been for over a year on their Monroe shocks. They now also tig weld the top eyelet to prevent it from ever developing a leak...they are so confident in their workmanship and quality checking procedures on their modified Monroe shocks that they offer a lifetime warranty on them, any kit with Monroe shocks purchased after 12-12-16 includes free next day air replacement, if the top eyelet ever develops a leak or the lower band slips or fails (like in the pic) All other components have a full 1 year warranty, all their kits have a 30 day satisfaction guarunteed or return it for a full refund policy. And the last time I spoke to Jason, JNR having sold kits now for 5+ years, they still have not had a single return by an unsatisfied user...

Ray

whats better the Monroe or the Gabriel style?? and what is the difference

Old 12-14-2016, 10:36 AM
RayHD
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
whats better the Monroe or the Gabriel style?? and what is the difference
The Monroe has a more forgiving, more comfortable ride then the Gabriel. They both are considerably better then stock, give you infinite adjustability to the spring rate to maintain that comfort as your riding weight changes. They have similar shock valving, but the Monroe has more air storage and is an open bag design which allows it to absorb hits better then the Gabriel's...The Monroe also takes less air pressure to support any given weight, making them easier on the system in the long run...Some people prefer the firmer ride of the Gabriels, but almost everyone who has had the opportunity to compare them directly choose the Monroes...

Ray

The following 2 users liked this post by RayHD:
1HD1C (01-21-2017), ARBOC (12-22-2016)
Old 12-14-2016, 01:00 PM
Echo6 Sierra
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by RayHD
The Monroe has a more forgiving, more comfortable ride then the Gabriel. They both are considerably better then stock, give you infinite adjustability to the spring rate to maintain that comfort as your riding weight changes. They have similar shock valving, but the Monroe has more air storage and is an open bag design which allows it to absorb hits better then the Gabriel's...The Monroe also takes less air pressure to support any given weight, making them easier on the system in the long run...Some people prefer the firmer ride of the Gabriels, but almost everyone who has had the opportunity to compare them directly choose the Monroes...

Ray

I've had both and prefer the firmness of the Gabriel shocks.

Quick Reply: JNR Designed air ride