Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Time...Bad Juju build

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Hellbilly07
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default It's Time...Bad Juju build

Hey guys, guess it's time to start my own build thread. 2007 FXST. I have seen some wicked kool rides come together since I've been surfing the pages. My build won't be mind blowing but instead I hope it will be tasteful and I hope to help someone along the way that may want to do some of the mods I have done and will do. Calling this one Bad Juju.
These are the current mods...

Exile Sprotor
Exile drag bars-swapping to 16" apes
Exile 3" Open Primary
Exile internal throttle
Stretched stock tank
Heartland 200mm conversion
Accutronix trees
Accutronix forward controls
V&H Indy Outlaw 2-1
Grip Ace
Jaybrake controle
Pile of other **** lol

Anyway, this is where she's at now. I posted this pic on another thread but it's all I have at the moment, horrible at keeping up with pics but will try to remedy that.

Sorry for the long intro but I've put a lot into this bike and it already had a good bit done when I bought it. I have worked my *** off for this bike to get to where it is now all while working 10+hrs a day, raising 2 daughters and keeping up 40 acres of farm land. I'm only 25 and I still have a lot to learn so any pointers or advice along the way would be appreciated. Thanks in advance ya'll.

Old 04-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

About time! What's the plans?

The following users liked this post:
painterguy39 (04-12-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 10:05 PM
Hellbilly07
Tourer

I had hoped you would grace my page brother! Sick builds for sure. Well, I want a Train so silver engine and tranny will be gone very soon I hope. 16 inch Exile Bars, keeping the internal throttle, iternal brake line, new headlight, new paint...I'm thinking rootbeer and brass. Eventually a Shotgun and new wheels 23/18 I stead of my 21/17. Bad Juju is something surrounding me and my bike so far so it will be on the tank in Gold Leaf hopefully. Don't have any leads on that end of it yet

Old 04-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Haha man soon as I seen the thread I had to have a stickybeak.
Yeah wicked man you got a lot of great choice of parts there already and on the way, this will no doubt turn out even nicer. I always like the bike, so I'm keen to see the end result.
I'm linking the sound of the paint. Endless ways to do cool paint jobs and they all change the feel of the bike.

So you're getting rid of that exile headlight? If you are, send me a PM on a price man

Old 04-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Hellbilly07
Tourer

**** for light but I'm in a backwoods shop lol. Spray tomorrow...I've heard good things about the VHT engine paint so I'm going Satin Black.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:32 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Yeah VHT do make good hi temp paint. I've used it many times. Actually 90% of my wrinkly black is VHT. The alloy cases were oxidising and flaking the factory wrinkle off. I had to sand it right back in areas and then taped everything up and hit it with the VHT wrinkle. Everything bar the primary. Works well

Old 04-12-2016, 06:03 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Bad I know! JuJu?

Lookin good tho

Old 04-12-2016, 07:13 AM
Hellbilly07
Tourer

Ink, I never hear of anyone using the primer so I'm gonna shoot it and see if there's any advantage over just deep cleaning and spraying the paint. I'm stoked about seeing the grey dissappear.

Splatttttttt I'm from Louisiana. Down south here we are known for a our culture, food and superstition stemming from Voodoo. Voodoo is an actual so called religion while Hoodoo is what most would call devil worship. I'm not into that **** just to be clear lol but I am into scary stuff and Bad JuJu means a haunting or bad vibe. I've had some crazy stuff happen with this bike and close calls but I've put my all into keeping this bike going so not giving up on her lol

Old 04-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Hellbilly07
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ink83
Yeah VHT do make good hi temp paint. I've used it many times. Actually 90% of my wrinkly black is VHT. The alloy cases were oxidising and flaking the factory wrinkle off. I had to sand it right back in areas and then taped everything up and hit it with the VHT wrinkle. Everything bar the primary. Works well

Your engine is what's had me torn between solid black and highlighted fins but I think I'm staying all black. Looks pretty wicked and you don't see many around all black

Old 04-12-2016, 08:19 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Ahhh. So hey. Like the name and hopin the motogods keep you close and safe.

Quick Reply: It's Time...Bad Juju build