Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang "Summit" v. "Super Touring"

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Fishrrman
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Mustang "Summit" v. "Super Touring"

I see that Mustang now has a new seat out called the "Summit":
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...ring-2014-2016

...as distinguished from their other "Super Touring" model seat:
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...HTFLTRFLHRFLHX

Anyone out there who has one of the new "Summit" seats?
How do you like it?

Old 05-19-2016, 12:52 AM
Tri-J
Cruiser

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts

Very happy with it. Had it for about 10 months. Keep in mind it'll scoot you back almost 2 inches.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:25 AM
PeteF
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

I spoke with Mustang about this about a month ago. I ended up buying the Super Tourer. Mustang explained that the only functional difference was that the passenger's seat was 16 inches wide on the Summit and 14 inches wide on the Super Tourer. Both seats will sit you back about 1.75 inches. Both sit higher than the stock seat on my Road Glide Special. The Super Tourer is very comfortable. It's more firm than the stock seat, but not as firm as some others. Be aware they are wide seats, something like 19 inches, but the Super Tourer doesn't look bad on the motorcycle. I think the increased width provides more support.

The following users liked this post:
leadman (10-11-2020)
Old 05-19-2016, 06:59 AM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts

how much higher ?

Old 05-19-2016, 07:34 AM
F150HD
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 836 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishrrman
I see that Mustang now has a new seat out called the "Summit":
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...ring-2014-2016

...as distinguished from their other "Super Touring" model seat:
http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...HTFLTRFLHRFLHX

Anyone out there who has one of the new "Summit" seats?
How do you like it?
I had a Super Tourer on my 2012 Ultra some years ago for a month-ish. Despite moving me back, it was uncomfortable. The actual seating area your butt goes on wasn't enough of a 'bucket' and I felt like I was sitting on a sawhorse. Sold it.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:15 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,405 Likes on 1,593 Posts

Originally Posted by talkingrock
how much higher ?
I can't vouch for the road glide but I can say from my 16 road king not quite an inch. The weird thing is that harley lowered the road king seats with the rushmore. A mustang on and older model will drop you and with the new ones it raises you a bit. I like mine as the stocker puts you in the tank too much.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:34 AM
ratsnest
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

I just bought the Summit, I really like it ... it stopped the butt burn the stock seat gave me... but it moved me up about an inch.. lowering the back end today an 1" should put me back in the stock position height wise..

Old 05-20-2016, 05:02 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

I had both of them and sent both back. For me it was massive discomfort about 15 minutes. This Rushmore was the hardest bike to find a seat that worked for me. Wound up with a Corbin Dual Tour after trying 7 different seats.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:23 PM
RoadhouseRG
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nytryder
I had both of them and sent both back. For me it was massive discomfort about 15 minutes. This Rushmore was the hardest bike to find a seat that worked for me. Wound up with a Corbin Dual Tour after trying 7 different seats.
nytryder, can you post a pic of your Corbin Dual Tour on your Road Glide.....did you add any options to it when you ordered it? thanks

Old 05-31-2016, 09:22 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by SEsupply2
nytryder, can you post a pic of your Corbin Dual Tour on your Road Glide.....did you add any options to it when you ordered it? thanks

Right now I have a really bad inner ear infection but in the next few days will take some pics for you. Corbin makes a seat just for the Rushmores. I got the one with the less dense foam and it is heated. It is just the plain leather seat with the regular stitching. I also got the matching backrest for the Tour Pack. I live about an hour from the Ormond store here in Fl so we could actually sit on the seat before forking over the cash. Bought it during Bike week in March and saved 10% on sale plus the price of shipping. For me and the wife it is by far the best seat we have ever sat on. After trying so many seats I was about to give up. Mustang had always been my go to seat but on this bike they were just not right for me. Not knocking Mustang at all plenty of people buy and are happy. I'll post some pics in a few days.

The following users liked this post:
RoadhouseRG (06-07-2016)

Quick Reply: Mustang "Summit" v. "Super Touring"